o12

WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY

_______

JIMIN WINKED AT THE CROWD OF PEOPLE BEFORE STEPPING OFF THE STAGE, AND DISAPPEARING BEHIND THE CURTAINS. Loud cheers and applause could be heard as he made for his dressing room, covered in sweat and glitter.

His heart was pounding in his chest and he felt like he could run a a marathon because of how much energy he had. Several girls complimented him in passing and he thanked them in return.

He was going to be sore in the morning, he couldn't remember the last time he did so many splits in one show. His thighs burned but it was a good feeling.

He was utterly exhausted and energetic at the same time. He'd had a long day at work and having to come into the club was starting to take a toll on his sleep. He wondered if he could slip out early and try and get a few more hours of sleep, but that proved rather difficult as the head of the club said he was booked for the night. With a sigh, he changed outfits and made his way to the private rooms.

As he waited for his first client of the night, Jimin's mind wandered to his conversation with Yoongi from the weekend. There was a part of him that regretted lying to Yoongi about where he worked. He felt as if he should have been honest with him but telling your boss you worked in a strip club was not something to slip casually into a conversation. Even if Yoongi was his 'friend' that day and not his boss.

Still, Jimin felt as though he could trust Yoongi. Part of him wondered if he wouldn't judge him. But the other part said not to tell him. Ever. Yoongi was his boss first and his friend second and some things were not meant to be shared.

As the door to the room opened, Jimin pushed the thought from his head. He smiled seductively, his mind focused solely on work.

x

"You look like hell,"

"Thanks Ray,"

"No, seriously. Your neck is bruised to hell," Rayne whispered in a low voice. "What happened Jimin?"

"Nothing happened, I just had a rough client last night, that's all,"

"Jimin!"

The two stood huddled in the break room. Rayne had come to see him after Hoseok had quietly pointed out that he thought he saw bruises on his neck. But they weren't bruises, just large hickeys that he didn't have the time to cover up with makeup that morning.

"Jesus Christ, Jimin, you look like you got manhandled in a fight. Look at your neck, oh my god," Rayne grumbled, eyeing the hickeys. "And you didn't think to cover them?!"

"I didn't have time! I was already running late. I didn't get much sleep,"

"Yeah I can tell. You have bags under your eyes."

"I'll be okay,"

"That's not the point Jimin. You let him manhandled you. You're not some pleasure toy, you're a human being. You're too lenient with clients. You work at a stop club not a fuck bdsm club or shut like that,"

"I know, but he was my last client and I was tired okay? I wanted to go home. Can we please drop it? I understand that you're mad at me but now isn't the time," Jimin pleaded, looking around. "Can we talk about this later?"

Rayne sighed and threw her arms around Jimin. "I wish you'd quit the club,"

"I know," he whispered. "I can't afford it though. Not yet at least. And if I quit I can't dance, a-and I need to dance Ray,"

"I know." She mumbled. "Please take care of yourself. And get some sleep. You need it. Call in tonight."

"I don't work tonight,"

"Okay. Good. Hobi and I might drop by then. I'll bring dinner?"

"Sounds great,"

"Mmm. I have to get back to practice, the boys say hi by the way."

"Tell them I say hey,"

"I will. See you tonight Chim,"

Not long after her departure, Jimin exited the break room to visit Yoongi. He held in his hand the list of people who would be attending the event, which Yoongi needed to sign off on before it could go to Kimi.

He found him in his office, his lap top propped open, mid conversation. Jimin said nothing, shut the door silently behind him and quietly sat down on the couch. Yoongi didn't take his eyes off the screen as he did so. Jimin pulled out his phone, checking off the list of things he had accomplished for the day. He was writing up a second to do list when he heard a very, almost inaudible gasp.

"Jimin, your neck,"

The younger lifted his head, wincing slightly. He turned his phone off and title his head to the side. "Huh?"

"Your neck," Yoongi replied, standing up and rushing to his side. "What the hell happened to you?"

Panic raced through him. He had forgotten about the hickeys for a short moment as he had been distracted by his work.

"Um...things got...rowdy...at work." Jimin lied. "Bars can be a lovely place for violence."

"That looks painful." Yoongi grimaced.

"I-It's nothing." Jimin lied again. He felt so bad for lying in the moment but he wasn't going to tell him the real reason how he managed to get the marks. "I have the list of people who are coming and-"

"You look tired." Yoongi added, interrupting him. Jimin sighed. He sounded like Rayne.

"I'm okay, Mr.-"

"You don't look okay, Jimin. You look exhausted. Why don't you go home for the afternoon?" Yoongi suggested.

"B-But...I have to do everything that-" Yoongi crouched down to Jimin's eye level, giving him a look that sent shivers down his spine. It was a look he saw almost every day back when they were in school.

"Jimin, I've been doing this for years. It won't kill me for you to be gone one day out of the month. You look like hell and that's me being polite about it. I can handle the rest. Please, go home okay? Get some sleep, and eat. You look a little thinner than the last time I saw you."

Where was all this coming from? Jimin wondered, staring his boss in the eyes. Yoongi looked as if he wasn't going to budge or take no for an answer.

Yoongi swallowed, still staring at Jimin. He hadn't seen the younger look so wrecked since exam week.

"Okay," Jimin sighed, setting the list on the couch. "Okay," he r epeatedn. Yoongi rose to his feet and Jimin mirrors his actions.

"Are you going to be okay? Getting home?"

"Yes. I'll be okay," Jimin replied.

"Be safe Jimin,"

"I'll see you in the morning, Yoongi."

"Bye Jimin,"

"Bye,"