o48

WEDNESDAY
_______

"IT STILL DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT," Rayne grumbled, backing away from the microphone. "I can't explain it, but it doesn't sound right. I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something else but I just can't quite figure that something out,"

"Should we break?" Jin suggested, looking around at the group. They'd been in the studio since five that morning, trying to finish the last minute touches for the album. They'd gotten through everything else but this one song was giving them heck.

"No, we're almost done. I can do this," she replied. "Run again,"

The man behind the booth pushed a few buttons, and the song rang out while Rayne sang along, tracking her vocals. The boys had to agree, something wasn't right. It wasn't that Rayne couldn't sing the song, or that her pitch was off, but something was wrong. With a frustrated sigh, Rayne motioned for him to cut the song. She pulled the headphones off and groaned. She came out of the booth looking very defeated.

"Come here," Jimin said, holding his arms out and motioned for Rayne to come sit on his lap. He pulled his friend in for a tight hug. "You're doing great, Rayne,"

"But-"

"No buts," Jimin cut her off with another tight squeeze. "It's just like you said, something's off,"

"Maybe it's the tempo," Taehyung suggested. "It's a bit slower than our other songs. I mean, its cool to have a mixture, but we went pretty hard with this album. Do you think we could up the tempo?"

"I don't think the tempo is the problem Tae Tae," Jimin replied.

"I'm with Jimin on that. The tempo is great," Jin stated. "Maybe it's the pitch?"

"No, if we went lower it wouldn't sound right,"

"So we go higher?"

"If we go higher it'll be like someone grabbed our nu-"

"Taehyung, language," Jin scolded.

"Okay maybe it isn't the song, but us," Jimin suggested. "Now I'm not saying Rayne can't do the part but what if it's because someone else should be singing it,"

There was silence among the group as the five of them thought on Jimin's observation. Maybe he did have a point.

Rayne titled her head to the side and nodded once. "Jin why don't you give it a try," she suggested, motioning him to get in the booth. "You can hit those notes,"

"Eh....I'm think that's more of a job for Jungkook," Jin replied, looking to the youngest of the group.

"Me?" Jungkook responded.

"Yeah go for it," they agreed, shooing him off the couch and into the booth.

"Let's run it again," Taehyung stated, and once more, music filled the booth.

Jimin had been right. While Rayne was more than capable of singing the song, what they needed was a little change up. However, they weren't sure if Jungkook was the one do to do it either. He was close enough, when it came to the high notes. Rayne's was too high, but somehow Jungkook's was too low. This left Taehyung out of the equation because they all knew that his voice was the lowest of them all.

Jin went next, giving it his all as he sang the bridge part of the song. When it was over, Jimin stepped into the booth and took his turn. Afterwards, they listened to the recordings.

"That sounds a lot better," Taehyung stated after listening to all of them. "I love you Rayne, but Jimin was right about changing it up,"

"Oh I completely agree. I think Jin might be the one to do it too,"