o17

IN THE DAYS THAT FOLLOWED
_______

JIMIN'S RESIGNATION DIDN'T FULLY HIT YOONGI UNTIL HE WAS DRIVING HOME FROM WORK THAT EVENING. He had reached the outskirts of the city when he had to force himself to pull over and try and fix his breathing. He could feel himself hyperventilating over the fact that Rayne and Kimi were right. He had failed Jimin and it wasn't his fault that Jimin hadn't sent him the file. It was quite possible that he'd never gotten it or that it had gotten lost in the transaction or it was never sent at all. Maybe it was sent to someone else and they weren't aware of it. He had behaved childishly and unreasonably. He was stressed but it was no excuse. Everyone was. It was the modt stressful time of the time, and everybody was doing their best. Especially Jimin. It couldn't have been easy for him. Yoongi shouldn't have overreacted the way he had. Jimin worked two jobs, was probably exhausted beyond belief and yet still made the effort to show up and give it his all. Yoongi slammed his hands on the steering wheel and cried out in frustration. He was such an idiot.

He both equally upset and angry when he finally arrived home. Upset that Jimin had quit. Walked out of his life for ever most likely. Angry that he had let himself get like that and for driving the younger away. He'd just gotten him back and now he had fucked up. He didn't acknowledge Seo-Ah when he entered the house. He held up his hand to show her he wasn't feeling well and retreated upstairs to his studio, locking himself inside.

That night, he worked out his frustration and anger into a new song, which turned into him making another song and before he knew it, it was almost midnight and he'd written a whole album worth of music. He pushed himself away from the computer and soundboard and stood up. His legs felt wobbly as he opened the door. He almsot jumped out of his skin when he spotted Seo-Ah standing outside the door. "I thought you went home," he breathed, placing a hand over his chest.

"I did. And now I'm back," she replied. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah I think so," Yoongi responded. "But you didn't have to come back Seo-Ah, I could have managed on my own,"

"Oh please, we both know you wouldn't eat for a few days when you're in this kind of mood. Go shower and when you're done come downstairs and we'll talk about what's going on."

Yoongi did as he was told and when he arrived downstairs, he was greeted with a warm bowl of soup. He took a seat at the counter and poured his heart out to Seo-Ah as to what had happened. She didn't interrupt, knowing that if she did it would only frustrate him even more. He told her about how the stress had gotten to him,, and that he was so angry and couldn't think straight. Jimin just happened to be the person he took his frustration out on and he deeply regretted it. He never meant to hurt Jimin. Ever. That was the last thing he wanted. He didn't want Jimin to come to hate him. When he was done, he ran a hand over his face with a heavy sigh.

"I messed up Seo-Ah, I messed up bad." He told her, his voice cracking slightly. He stared down at his empty bowl, swallowing the lump in his throat.

"Yes you did, Min Yoongi, but I'm sure you can make it better." She replied, clearing the bowl from in front of him.

"I hope so,"

x

Yoongi hardly slept that night. He was up early the next morning feeling worse than ever. He took a hot shower and then returned to his bed and sat in silence, staring at the wall. He had to apologize to Jimin but how? Where did he start, how did he start? He was completely lost at where to begin and he didn't think anybody was going to help him figure it out. He was utterly alone. He had to apologize soon too. The longer he stressed about it, the worse things would become. He might never get the chance to see or speak to him again. He went over the argument in his head, clearly identifying where he went wrong and what he needed to apologize for...which when he came to conclusion was literally everything. Saying he was stressed wasn't a good enough excuse for the things that he had said. Jimin was a wonderful secretary, the best he'd ever had and it wasn't his fault that things had been going wrong. It was just unfortunate timing. Yoongi grabbed his phone off the nightstand and dialed Jimin's phone number. He was just going to wing it and pray he didn't make things any worse that what they were.