Epilogue

FIVE YEARS LATER
_______

29 YEAR OLD MIN YOONGI DROVE DOWN THE WINDING ROAD, ENJOYING THE COOL SUMMER BREEZE. Work had been hectic the past few weeks, but now, things were beginning to level out and he could finally relax.

The drive home was always enjoyable for Yoongi. Something about rolling down the windows of his car and letting the wind blow his hair around was rather calming. Getting to enjoy the forestry around him, the lovely greens in the summer, the reds and orange in autumn and the icy blue in winter was soothing, and made for pleasant car rides when he wanted out of the house. And lately, he'd been going on more drives.

But he always found that part of the drive too short and in no time he was pulling into the driveway of his house. There were no other cars parked in front, meaning he was the only one home. Gathering his things, he climbed out of the car and made his way up to the front door.

Holly was waiting for him as he pushed the front door opened, wagging his tail. Yoongi set his briefcase down, and hung up his jacket before bending down to scoop the dog up in his arms. Holly attacked him with a series of licks to his face, causing Yoongi to laugh out loud as he made his way up the stairs to shower. "I missed you too Holly," he chuckled, setting the dog down on the top of the landing.

Entering his bedroom, he stripped himself of his clothes and made a bee-line for the shower, turning the water almost to full heat.

Showering was another thing he found enjoyable after coming home from work. Being able to stand under the scalding hot water which helped to relax his tense muscles was also calming and he looked forward to it the moment he walked through the door. He didn't always have the chance to do it right after work, but for when he could, he cherished it

He stayed under until the water began to run cold and only then did he shut the water off. He stepped out of the shower, and wrapped himself in a towel.

Holly was curled up on the bed next to Momo as he exited the bathroom and moved across the room to the dresser. He haphazardly dried his hair with one hand while he dug around for a pair of sweats.

Drying himself off and changing, yoongi made his way back to the bed and ruffled Holly's fur. The dog lifted it's head and looked up at him. "Hungry?" He questioned, before chuckling in response as Holly abruptly jumped off the bed and bolted from the door. Momo meowed in annoyance as she lifted her own head. If cats could glare, she would be doing so at Yoongi. The male rolled his eyes playfully and bent over, kissing the top of the cat's head. "Sorry Mo," he whispered. He turned on his heel and made his way back down the stairs.

Once in the kitchen, Yoongi opened up a few cupboards, wondering where the dog food had ended up. He could never remember which one it was in. Eventually he found it and dishes some into Holly's food bowl. He set it on the counter while Holly said by his feet whining. "Yeah, I hear you, just one second," he replied. He grabbed a wine glass from the cabinet and poured himself a glass of wine. He grabbed the glass with one hand and Holly's food dish in the other and headed for the balcony door. Pushing it open with his foot, Holly and Yoongi made their way onto the back patio. He took a seat in his usual chair and set Holly's food dish by his feet. Holly wasted no time in shoving his face into his food dish and gobbling down his food.

Yoongi lent back in his chair and let out a deep sigh of content. It was moments like this that he enjoyed. The quiet moments when he could be alone and collect his thoughts. There was nothing like coming home to spend some quality time with his dog.

Yoongi took a sip of his wine as Holly finished up eating and nudged his bowl with his nose. The dog then scampered towards the door leading back to the house and picked up his ball. Holly then trotted back to him and dropped it at his feet. Yoongi picked it up and chucked it into the air.