o44

SATURDAY
_______

YOONGI HAD EXPECTED THE SILENCE. He expected Jimin to be surprised. That was a typical reaction when you ask someone to move in with you right? Jimin was still staring at him with wide eyes, one hand covering his mouth in shock while the other held the box with the key to his house in it.

Yoongi took a deep breath and brushed down of Jimin's hair out of his face. His heart was racing a mile a minute, and he could feel his nerves getting to him. "I-" Yoongi pursed his lips as he struggled to find the right words to say. "Six months," he began. "You and I have been together for six months, and they have been the best six months of my entire life,"

Yoongi pressed his forehead to Jimin's and cupped the side of his face. "I understand that it might seem like I'm rushing things. I don't know how long couples usually wait before moving in together, but I know that I want this,"

"Yoongi-" Jimin whispered trying to get the man's attention, but Yoongi shook his head and kept going.

"I miss you when you're gone. I know it may seem clingy of me but it's the truth. I-I want to wake up every morning to your beautiful face. I want to drink coffee with you in the morning and make you breakfast in bed. I want to hear your laugh as much as I can. I want you to drag me from my office when you know I've overworked myself and tell me that I need to eat something. I want to fall asleep with you curled up against me every single night. I want you Jimin, that's all I want in my life,"

"Yoongi-" Jimin repeated, tears spilling down his cheeks. Yoongi didn't hear him.

"You make my world so much brighter Park Jimin. I can't image not having you in my life. I don't want to lose you again. So yeah, maybe I'm taking a risk by asking you to move in with me but god dammit Jimin, I love you," Yoongi breathed.

Jimin was full out crying now and Yoongi was taken back by the sudden outburst. Panic filled his chest. Crying was not on his list of things that might happen. "Hey," Yoongi whispered, wiping the tears from his cheeks. "Baby, don't cry, I'm sorry,"

Jimin only cried harder, and buried his face in Yoongi's shoulder blade. The older quickly wrapped his arms around Jimin's waist and rubbed his hands soothingly in circles on his back. He placed gentle kisses to his shoulder, and whispered softly in his ear.

Yoongi didn't let go of Jimin as he calmed down. He almost afraid to let go of him. Like if he did, the younger would disappear on him forever. "Just breathe," Yoongi told him. "In and out, that's it,"

As Jimin's crying ceased, the two of them stood in total silence as Yoongi allowed the younger to process everything that had happened.

Yoongi wanted him to move in with him.

Yoongi had given him a key to his house.

Yoongi loved him.

Jimin raised his head and looked down at the box in his hand which was wedged between him and Yoongi. The older instantly pulled back to allow him some space. "You okay?" He mumbled.

Jimin's gaze met Yoongi's eyes and he could see how nervous he was. His eyes kept looking at him and then at the key in the box which he was still currently holding. Jimin pulled away from Yoongi and walked towards the night stand where he set the box down silently. "Jimin, I-"

"I want you too," Jimin whispered, almost inaudibly. Yoongi almost missed it if it weren't for the fact that he was still standing relatively close to Jimin. His breathing hitched in his throat. Jimin turned back around yo face Yoongi and reached out with grabby hands. Yoongi stepped closer and allowed Jimin to pull his body against his. "You are the greatest gift I could ever ask for," Jimin stated, tears threatening to fall once more. Yoongi bent forward and kissed him softly, arms hugging him in place. "I love you too Yoongi," he mumbled into the kiss. "I love you so much,"

Jimin was crying again, and Yoongi let out a small laugh, cradling the sides of Jimin's face in his hands as he nudged his nose against his. "Why are you crying love?" He whispered, kissing away the tears that spilled down Jimin's cheeks. The younger instinctively brought a hand up to wipe them away.

"Because I'm happy," Jimin mumbled, before pressing his face into the crook of his neck. Jimin wrapped his arms around Yoongi's neck and held onto him with all his might. "You make me happy,"

Yoongi smiled triumphantly and moved his hands to the back of Jimin's thighs, hoisting the younger up. Jimin's legs wrapped around Yoongi's waist. The older turned slightly and down on the edge of the bed with Jimin still in his lap.

"You make me the happiest man alive," Yoongi replied, holding Jimin as close as humanly possible. "You were my new dream," he added in a slightly teasing tone, hoping to make Jimin laugh. The younger stared at him incredulously.

"Did you just quote Tangled?" Jimin questioned, voice cracking. Yoongi made a grumpy face.

"You're supposed to finish the sentence,"

Jimin let out a giggle before pulling Yoongi in for a kiss. "And you were mine," he whispered back.

Yoongi smiled against Jimin's lips and suddenly felt very giddy all of a sudden. Jimin agreed to move in with him! Jimin loves him just as much as he does! Yoongi let out a happy noise that caught Jimin off guard but there wasn't much that he could do as Yoongi was still hugging him tightly in excitement. "Best. Christmas. Ever!"

short and sweet, and I think (with the exception of my first ever yoonmin book,) this is the longest time it's taken me to have a character say I love you. every other time just didn't feel right