o51

THURSDAY

_______

YOONGI SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER.

He hadn't been able to shake the feeling that something wasn't right since hiring Chae. He should have known she would be trouble. It was obvious to him by the way she dressed around him. Short pencil skirts, unbuttoned blouses. He'd had employees who had tried to seduce him before. It wasn't uncommon in the beginning of his career. He'd even had a few males try to as well, shortly after coming out. But he was able to defuse the situation rather quickly.

Chae was different. She couldn't seem to take the hint that Yoongi wasn't interested. Yoongi kept his eyes above her neck, spoke to her in a firm, serious manner. He didn't laugh at her jokes. They weren't funny at all. He was uncomfortable every time she dropped something and bent down to pick it up. But ignoring her seemed to make things worse. She could be sarcastic when he didn't pay her attention. She'd gotten snarky with Kimi while Yoongi was having a conversation with her. Chae had assumed that Kimi was there for the same reason she was, but wasn't prepared to take the shorter woman on.

"Do you have something you'd like to say?" Kimi asked, stopping mid sentence to look at the woman. "Because in case you haven't noticed, not all of us are here looking to fuck. Some of us have actual jobs Miss Chae, and we'd like to get them done. If you don't have anything to say, then get out. Go make yourself useful."

Chae had left in a hurry, with a scowl plastered on her face.

Yoongi was beginning to be at a lost as to what he should do. He couldn't deny the fact that Chae was more than capable when it came to secretarial work. He couldn't just up and fire her, because he didn't have the time or patience to try and find a secretary at the moment. That was a problem for a later date. But he was growing increasingly uncomfortable having her around and even more so now that Jimin had stopped coming by. It had been a full month by this point and Yoongi continued to tell himself it was work that was preventing them from seeing each. But what really irked him was that he still hadn't said anything to him about Chae. Maybe he hadn't said anything because he trusted Yoongi to do the right thing. That he had faith in him to stay loyal and not let this woman sway him in any way. But after seeing how he reacted on the first day, he was sure that Jimin flat out hated the woman.

As the days progressed, Yoongi continued to have a hunch that something wasn't right.

He should have known they weren't.

Jimin was lying.

Yoongi had just left the meeting and was heading back to his office feeling a little tired when he bumped into Rayne in the hallway. She left out a soft cry of surprise and Yoongi stumbled back before letting out a laugh. "Hi Rayne,"

"Hi Yoongi," she replied, brushing a lock of hair behind her ear. Yoongi had forgotten how much smaller Rayne was compared to him. She was roughly Jimin's height, maybe shorter, and wore a simple sundress today with flats.

"Haven't seen you in a while, how've you been?" Yoongi asked.

"I've been doing good. A little stressed out because we want the album to be perfect and filming can be a little weird, but other than that, I feel really good,"

"Yeah, Jimin said you guys have been doing a lot lately," Yoongi replied.

"Eh...not really," Rayne replied.

Yoongi glanced down at her and raised a brow. "What do you mean?"

"We don't really do much now that the album has been recorded. It's mostly just filming teasers at this point. Other than that we just sit around for hours on hours goofing off. We haven't felt real stress in months," Rayne explained. "Why? Did Jimin say we were doing a lot?"

"He said that you guys were constantly busy lately. That you had so much work to do," Yoongi told her, the feeling of uneasiness creeping back in.

Rayne frowned, arms crossing over her chest. "That doesn't sound like Jimin," she said. "Has he been acting funny lately? Because he seems a little bit more....paranoid. I assumed it was just the album, y'know? Cause we want it to be good but if he's...lying to you, that's off for Jimin,"

Yoongi pursed his lips, and let out a deep sigh. "Yeah, he doesn't say hi to me at work anymore. And he seems distant at home too."

Rayne made a face. "He isn't cheating, Yoongi. Jimin would never. Plus he's always with us or you. He doesn't have time to himself."

Yoongi nodded. He wasn't so convinced though. It pained him to think that way but he couldn't help it right now. "I'm gonna go talk to him," he told her, straightening up.

"Be gentle with him," Rayne said. He nodded again, said goodbye and stalked off to find Jimin.

He found him in one of the break rooms, pouring himself a cup of coffee. Yoongi lent against the doorframe and watched him quietly. Jimin was dressed in one of his sweaters, he remembered watching him slip it on over his head as they left the hoise this morning. It was a little warm for a sweater but Jimin refused to take it off and pouted every time Yoongi said he'd get too hot wearing it.

After several minutes of silence, Yoongi walked up behind Jimin and placed his hands softly on his waist. "Hi baby," Yoongi whispered, kissing the top of Jimin's head. He had expected the younger to jump in surprise, or be startled but Jimin lent out a deep breath and instantly relaxed into Yoongi's chest.

"Hi," he replied quietly. Yoongi gently turned Jimin around so that he could see him. He took the mug from Jimin's hand and set it down on the counter behind them.

"We need to talk," Yoongi said in a soft tone, brushing some of Jimin's hair back.

Jimin cocked his head to the side. "About what?" He asked, with innocent eyes. Yoongi couldn't tell if Jimin was playing stupid or if he really didn't know.

"About why you've been lying to me,"

here we go