Cutting Ties

A day passed.

And then, two.

And three.

And four

and...

...

A cold, limp object laid shivering in the darkest corner of the basement. Her eyes were barely opened, as she let out small, shallow breaths every once in a while. She was starving; her stomach taunting her with growls that echoed in the darkness. Sharp pains stabbed through her stomach every minute or so, and at first, she rolled around in agony, wailing at the ceiling.

But no one could hear.

And the pain? Well, she's paralyzed from the dreadful feeling of emptiness, as well as the low temperature. She just couldn't feel much.

On the night of the second day, her voice perished. No matter how much she let tears squeeze out of her eyes, nothing, not even a gentle whimper, could escape her lips.

Now, she was just parched. Her throat itched for just a drop of water, but there was nothing she could do. No matter how much she thrashed, scratched, yelled and cried,

Nothing would change.

She could feel death crawl on her, slowly letting its arms reach around Pin, and give her a slow embrace. Her entire body felt numb; her throat felt like a desert. The rag didn't help at all either, making her mouth even dryer than it would've been without it.

How many days could an object make it without food?

Water?

Heat?

Pin let these thoughts sway in her head, since no other thoughts could shine through. Her eyes were cloudy and death-like, as she stared at the dark corner of this basement, or, in her case, a prison. She couldn't do much of anything anymore.

Her hopes eventually gave out as she realized that no one would be coming for her. The muffled voices that would grow louder and louder as they walked by, teased her as they began to fade away, growing quieter and quieter and, soon? Silence.

She could feel it; she could practically feel her body giving into the embrace of death. She doesn't care anymore; too much has happened. She swam too deep into the river; and it was far too late to return back to shore.

She let her eyes close once more, as she let out a shudder. If she was gonna die, she'd rather die away in her sleep.

Silence filled the room once more, as she slowly began to drift away.

Her thoughts, her reality, her mindset, was crippling away, but...

Whatever.

.....

"....?"

.....

alliance, remember?~

Pin's eyes shot open as she panted heavily. Beads of ooze slid down her face, as she looked around once more.

Same room.

But...

"I KNOW SHE'S ALIVE! I KNOW HER! NONE OF YOU KNOW HER LIKE I DO!"

A yell made Pin jump up. That was Coiny's voice; he was close! He was by the door! This was her chance for escape!
Alright, alright, collect yourself. She had to act. NOW.

She thought for a moment; before a lightbulb went off in her mind. She swung a bit, and fell back, grunting in pain. She shook it off, and soon began to roll over towards the door. She rolled quickly, and slammed herself onto the door. A loud thud broke the silence, and she shut her eyes in pain. She quieted down, and listened.