Hot and Cold

Shh.

Don't make a noise.

Just...sneak out.

Easy as pie...

She glanced around.

Quiet.

Breathing...

Subtle snoring..

They wouldn't notice...would they?

It was a rough day yesterday..she was feeling more awake and vigilant- the others were simply trying to keep an eye out for anything suspicious around them, as well as making sure Match was alright.

Oh well.

She didn't know what time it was.

But the moon was shining brightly in the sky...midnight, maybe?

Hopefully...

She cautiously lifted the handle, and the door slowly slid open, letting Match carefully step out and into the crispy, midnight air. She shivered slightly, turning around and shutting the door to keep the rest of them..safe, at least. She turned around once more, and let her eyes roam around the others inside of the van. 

Ruby laid in Book's arms, snoring away as Book shifted slightly, holding her closer. Ice Cube slept beside them, with Bubble laying not too far from the three. Pencil was fast asleep against the opposite door...her arm wrapped around a pillow to replace Match's body. 

Match stared at Pencil's face..

Peaceful. 

Resting...

Beautiful.

She turned around, and shook her head slightly. 

'Okay..' she thought to herself. 'All I have to, like, do..is go back to the clubhouse..and, like, get that saw...and come back..'

It seemed so simple, just thinking about it in her mind...

But why was it so damn hard to step away from the van?

She didn't know what was out there. She prayed that there wasn't anything out there.

She wanted to help; she didn't want to sit around in this cursed land anymore. She wanted to go far away, far from Pin, far from the TLC, far from everything..

With Pencil by her side, of course.

The only noise that sang through the air were the quiet chirps of crickets, and the rustling of the leaves as they were swept away by the wind. She took a deep breath..

Alright. This is gonna be easy. This is gonna be quick.

Just go, and come back. Go, and back.

You'll be okay.

She walked down the path, rubbing her bandaged wrist as she let her thoughts circle freely within her mind. Keep it comforting, keep them cool..

It's gonna be okay..

Ridiculous. 

They think they've truly outsmarted us..?