Knock it Off

"I wonder when Bubble's coming to visit again. It's been...days now."

"NOT JUST DAYS! ITS BEEN NEARLY TWO WEEKS!"

"..they said they'd be coming after a few days..did they..?"

"I DON'T REMEMBER!"

"...UGH! I HATE WAITING! I HATE THIS STUPID CHAMBER!"

"FANNY! CMON', TRY TO STAY POSITIVE! I'M SURE ICY AND BUBBLE ARE DOING JUST FINE!"

"..Bracelety, there's a damn murderer out there, and it's been two weeks since we've last HEARD them! What makes you think they're-"

"PIN SAID SHE'S GONNA HELP THEM! I'M SURE THAT THEY'RE IN GOOD HANDS!"

Silence.

"...I sure hope they are.."

"SEE? NOW YOU'RE-"

"WILL YOU KEEP IT DOWN BRACELETY?! SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO SLEEP HERE!"

"SORRY, BLOCKY!"

"BLOCKY?! I HATE HIM."

"OKAY OKAY ENOUGH! Bracelety, Just..try to tone it down a notch, okay?"

"OKAY PEN!"

"And keep your chin up, you two. They're gonna be okay."

"...."

"..yeah..they're..okay.."

"YEAH!"

Ruby's eyes fluttered open, as she let her eyes adjust to the darkness within the van.

The moon must have been shining brightly in the sky, it's glow illuminating the structures outside. The stars must have shined brightly, twinkling like diamonds as they gave off their magical aura to those who could...wish upon a star, per say. But, as usual in the van, everyone was instructed to keep the windows covered, and to keep quiet in the van, to prevent anything...or anyone..from knowing that they were in there.

But someone knew. And that someone managed to wipe out an entire population of a game show cast...objects with wild plans and bizarre lives ahead of them. This wouldn't have been so big of a deal if they had the recovery centers running. But...it was because of Ruby that they were no longer functioning.

She threw it into the glue, the glue that she had created with the snow and gasoline..

And it was stuck there.

It continued to run for months after that, those months eventually turning into years...but it was during the winter, when the whirring of the gears suddenly came to a halt.

Ruby shuddered. She never liked talking about that day.

-

"Care to explain why you dragged me and TB out here at 3 AM, during a snow storm."

"Can it GB, we have a serious issue in our hands."

"...serious as in, the clubhouse power went out, or serious as in your coffee machine is broken.."

"Eh? No! This is serious Golfball, like...we think the Recovery Center broke."

".....I'm going back. Cmon' TB-"

"WAIT! We're being serious!"

"Pencil, Match, I know that this is one of your funny little alliance jokes, but we're not sticking around for it. Just- look. Look at Tennis Ball. Look at me. WE'RE TIRED."