Pas de Deux

"No, no no no that is a BAD IDEA!" Ruby screamed out. "We're NOT doing that!"

"Ruby, we have to. She knows where we are, she knows we're the last ones alive, she KNOWS how to GET TO US DAMMIT!"

Ruby shuddered slightly, looking back towards the others. Bubble and Ice Cube were inside of the van, trying to console Pencil, who was curled up in the back corner. Her eyes were widened in horror; bags hung heavily under them as she was completely out of the zone.

Ruby looked back towards Book. "A-..Are you sure..I mean, we aren't- we're- we're weak, Book.." her eyes began to water. "Bubble's fragile, Ice Cube could be shattered, who knows if she has the strength to snap Pencil in half, a-and..and-"

"Ruby." Book placed her hands on her shoulders, tilting her head upwards a bit. "Listen to me. We can beat her. We know who Pin really is. We can work together, we can put an END to this! But we have to be brave. We can either live right now, and watch as each one of us falls under the edge of her trowel, or we can fight- avenge everyone we lost, and keep living ourselves.."

Ruby wiped her eyes shakily. "B-..But what are we gonna do if we beat her..?"

"We work. We free everyone from the TLC, and we find a way to fix up the recovery center. I'm sure GB had some notes and prints about it.."

Book then gently cupped her hands around Ruby's face, bringing them closer together..

"..but no matter what happens.. I promise, with all of my paged heart, that I'll protect you..okay..?"

Ruby hesitated, but slowly began to nod, letting her eyes close at Book's touch. She smiled, leaning in and giving her forehead a gentle kiss.

"Okay..now, all we have to do is-"

"Move."

The dull voice made Book jump, as all eyes turned towards the slouching figure, watching as she slowly began to make her way out of the van. Book rushed over towards the door.

"Woah woah woah, and where do you think you're going?" Book asked, sternly placing her arms in front of Pencil. Pencil's glance was still out of it all, as she slowly pushed Book's arms out of her way.

"Move, Book. I..I can't do it." She muttered. "I'm going to kill that bitch."

"Pencil, she could easily overpower you. I don't think-"

"SCREW WHATEVER YOU THINK. I'm going to END that bitch. She deserves to SUFFER after what she did to...to.." her gaze began to move upwards, as she began to space out once more.

Book crossed her arms. "Pencil, she's going to hurt you. We can do this together, okay?"

"SO WHAT?! She's killed off groups! Didn't you see how she took on Spongy?! Nickel?! BOMBY?! Even TB and GB, the smartest out of all of us!"

"I-..I know, Pencil, but if we work together, we can find-"

"We're not finding shit anymore." Pencil looked up. "Match..is gone...I..I LOVED her..."

"I-I know Pencil, and I'm so sorry-"

"I was forced...to watch her BURN in front of me...I-I can't just sit idly by and wait for Pin to pull another trick like that." She stepped out, slowly standing up straight..

"..I'm avenging Match. No matter what happens. I want her to pay."

The tone that she had spoke in made a shiver run down everyone's spine. Book reached out, but before she could say anything...

Pencil walked off.

"Pencil! Pencil, wait!" Ruby called out, beginning to rush after the taller figure. But, she stopped in her tracks after a hand gently gripped her shoulder.