Welcomed with Open Arms

"Pin?"

Coiny slowly opened the wooden door, as he peeked inside. Sunlight poured into the room through the open blinds, as a sweet, sugary smell danced through the air. Coiny sniffed, and a smile grew on his face.

Cake.

He slowly crept through the hallway, as he followed the sound of clinging pots and pans, as well as the sweet melody of someone humming. He looked through the doorway, and saw Pin, humming quietly as she was mixing a bowl of her delicious homemade icing. Coiny cleared his throat quietly, and this caught her attention, as she paused, and gently put down the bowl. She turned, and smiled when she saw Coiny standing in the doorway.

"Hi..." Her voice was warm and calm. Off, in a way...

"Hey there..." he chuckled, as he made his way inside.

"Is everything okay...? You ran off a bit early there..."

Pin's smile faded away a bit, before she shook her head. She looked at him, exhaustion in her eye.

"Yeah, everything's fine..." she mumbled. She grabbed her bowl, and continued to mix the bowl of light, fluffy sweetness that she would soon place onto the cake. Coiny sighed, and out a hand on her shoulder.

"Look....if this is about Needle, then-"

"No! Coiny, it's alright!" Pin forced out a laugh, as she rested her head on Coiny's shoulder. She opened her mouth to say something, but...
Nothing could come out.

Coiny sighed, and put a hand on her cheek, stroking it gently.

"Are you sure..?" He whispered.

"I know...you haven't been feeling your best lately, but..."

Don't get angry anymore Pin. This will only lead to your own demise.

Become nicer! Become ignorant. Don't be your bossy, sassy self. You don't want to end up being stuck in a loser chamber again, don't you? Be different. Be sweeter. Be someone...

Unrecognizable.

Pin slowly nodded, as she let a soft sigh escape her lips. Coiny smiled, as he wrapped his arms around her, hugging her close.

"How do I always find myself, melting in your arms like a goof?" Pin snickered, as she continued to stir. Coiny dipped his finger into the pink mixture, as he scooped out a small bunch. He quickly licked it, and his face brightened, as the icing quickly melted on his tongue.

"Pin; this is amazing! How do you do it?!" He complimented, his eyes sparkling in awe. Pin giggled, as a blush of embarrassment glowed on her cheeks.

"Oh, it's nothing, really..." she mumbled. Coiny scoffed, and wrapped an arm around her.

"Nothing?! Aw cmon sweetheart, this is anything BUT nothing!" He grinned. Pin stared down at the floor, smiling and her cheeks burning with blush.

Such a great actress, aren't you?

This genuinely feels nice, just...let me have my moment.

Did you check the icing?

Pin's heart stopped. Her face went pale, as she slowly looked down at the silver bowl in her arms, beads of ooze forming at the top of her head.

Was this batch...

Her world became fuzzy and numb, as the bowl slipped out of her hands. She felt herself collapse on her knees, as she quickly shoved the bowl away, her entire body trembling like a leaf.