She's Right Here

"Wow- Who knew that Ruby's remains would be so...beautiful." Pin whispered, cradling the remains and limbs of the deceased jewel in her arms.

A soothing aura had filled her body, as she stared at the light that reflected off of these shards.

She had to admit- this was all beginning to weigh her down. The thought of her dead lover was slowly etching back into her mind, seeping through the slightest cracks in the barrier that had formed between her corrupted sense of being, and her true personality that she had lost long ago.

A small part of her wanted to break through- she wanted to throw it all down, and scream, scream until she couldn't scream no more.

Apologize. Turn herself in. And let those three fools bring back the brats that had their lives painfully cut short by Pin's hands.

She didn't care about what would happen to her- as long as she payed for what she's done, and let everything in the city go back to normal.

That small part wanted to end it all.

But, that tiny glimmer of hope inside of her has since been long gone- the memories and feelings of now quickly burning that flame out.

The power.

The garden.

Your strength and capabilities to create elaborate plans and schemes to help keep this garden, as well as yourself, alive.

The ecstasy of your friends begging for mercy, as you stand above them- ready to snatch their lives away from their puny little hands.

These have been the ultimate motive that had silenced her quiet voice of reason.

But no matter how much she tried, she could still feel that voice trying to crawl back up to her mind- and breaking her out of the darkened fog that haunted her mind.

And so...here she was.

One down, and three left to go.

While she clutched Ruby's remains closer to her, she began to hear the faint, frantic footsteps that were quickly approaching to the area. Pin raised her eyebrow in curiously- quickly sliding behind a large building and waiting for the figure to pass by.

And most importantly, she waited to see who it was,

and too see their sweet reaction to what would be waiting for them ahead.

"RUBY?!"

Book dashed through the city, her eyes frantically scanning every corner and every window to see if she could find her shining gem.

Her Ruby.

Where did she go?

She had to keep the panicked thoughts hidden away, and make a stand for her friends around her. She wanted them all to feel secure and safe, and she wanted them to survive more than anything else.

But two are back at the TLC, not knowing that Book was out.

And Ruby was missing.

She ran through the streets, forcing the tears in her eyes back into her head. She had to stay strong, she had to stay strong,

Stay strong...

Her chest began to ache.

Be a leader...

Her legs burned.

Protect them.

She slowed down...and a glimpse of red quickly caught her eye.