Shattered Dreams

Here in this garden...

She looked down at her trembling hands, noticing the stab wounds growing deeper and deeper.

Strange, the thicker the cuts got..

And no matter how much blood poured down and splattered onto the floor...

No pain.

Why was she even here?

She looked around.

Where were the others?

She opened her mouth...

Nope.

Can't speak.

Why are you even looking?

You turn pages for others who don't give two shits about you.

How about we rip some pages for them, hm?

Hurts, doesn't it?

Watching bits of yourself being shred into bits, broken into

Why are you even here?

You should be dead.

You should've died long ago.

Bitch.

You're controlling.

You're only using her happiness.

You wanted her dead, so she could be all yours.

Are you sure Pin's the real monster here?

Book shot up, gasping for air as she clutched her chest. Her heart pounded like a drum, echoing through her chest and causing her to shiver...just a little bit.

Beads of sweat dripped down her cover, and she let her eyes stare at the sky above them.

They were in a clearing- the woods around them, with the TLC propped onto a small hill. The sun was slowly beginning to rise- chasing away the ocean blue that blanketed the sky, with the stars slowly beginning to fade away. Clouds lazily drifted across it all, and the hushed wind of the forest let the leaves dance along with them.

For a moment, Book felt...safe.

Relaxed.

It's been a while since she's felt this.

She may have slept on top of the clubhouse with Ice Cube (and might I add- it was incredibly cold up there), but those were the times where there wasn't a hand-obsessed , garden-crazed murder maniac running through the streets and taking down everyone, one by one.

No.

She had Ice Cube by her side. She heard her quiet snores, which she enjoyed hearing when the morning were quiet and warm. She felt the frigid aura around her bring her closer, and she'd gently put her arm around the small figure.

And Ice Cube would smile.

That smile.

Sleepy, yet comforted, reassured that her friend was still there.

Speaking of it, she'd probably should do it now.

Book carefully moved onto her side, and noticed that Ice Cube was just a few inches away from her.

She was curled up, snoozing away beside the metal wall that separated the doomed from the lost. Her heart continued to beat with the love she had grown for someone else on the other side.