Basil Leaves

"GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF!" Coiny frantically ran around the room, his right arm flailing around everywhere. The bug was on his arm, trying to pierce it's arrow through his skin, as well as trying to hold on. But it continued to miss, with the rapid movements of his arms.

Fries ran after him, still wielding the shovel in his hands. He swung it hard, and missed, hitting the wall. It created a number of small cracks against it, ruining the tan-colored wall in the room. This made him growl in frustration, as he quickly followed Coiny, his patience and energy decreasing massively.

"STOP MOVING!" Fries yelled out, waving the shovel in the air. Coiny shook his head, shaking his arm more violently than before. The bug held on tighter; it's arrow now waiving in the air.

As the chaos unfolded before him, Gelatin hid under the small coffee table by the sofa. His eyes were stinging with tears of regret, as he hugged his knees close. If that bug fell on the floor, it would go directly towards him, since he was the closest and easiest target; and he knew it.

But he didn't care.

This was his fault.

Suddenly, the door busted open, as a strike of lightning ripped through the sky. The three whirled their heads around, and saw a silouhette in the doorway, it's hand clutching a knife. The shadow poised the knife up into the air, before they chucked it towards Coiny's direction angrily. Coiny screamed out in fear, and quickly shut his eyes, preparing for the worst, expecting to feel a knife puncture through his head, and lead him to death.

That is...until he heard a large thunk, soon followed by hissing from his side. He slowly opened one eye, as he quickly looked around.

The room...was still dark. Nothing bright, or cloudy, or...

He quickly bit his cheek, and yelped.

Nope. Not dead.

He looked beside him, and saw the bug, twitching and jolting against the wall. The knife pinned it down, the organs and blood of the insect slowly drooling down the wall, and staining the carpet below it. Coiny winced, before he turned back towards the doorway, trying to see who the object was.

Pin let out a soft sigh, trying to contain her frustration, as she slowly made her way towards the three, her arms crossed.

"What were you guys thinking, Running around like that?!" She scowled, as she slammed the door shut. She was soaking wet; her cheeks flushed, and her eyes sunken and dark. Coiny quickly rushed over towards her side, as Fries rubbed his temples, tossing the shovel to the side angrily.

"Why don't we ask our friend Gelatin here, huh?!" Fries snapped, as Pin turned her head towards the green jello, his eyes widened as he trembled underneath the table he hid under.

"Well?! We're waiting!"

"I-I....uh..." he stuttered, as his eyes began to dart around the room. He tried to create a clever excuse to charm the three from blaming him, but his mind was blank.

Meanwhile, Pin was tapping her foot, awaiting the response from the object. Her eyes were filled with anger, as she slowly balled her hands into fists. Coiny noticed this, and gently placed a arm on her hand, rubbing her knuckle gently. She flinched, but quickly relaxed, her hands releasing from the fists.

"Well...I...thought the murderer..was in here..so I, uh...threw some bugs-"

"Throwing bugs, at a murderer, in a HOUSE?" Fries raised his eyebrow. Gelatin looked down glumly, and let out a defeated sigh.

"Okay, okay. I...we, planned to release the bugs into Pin's house, but I saw someone running around in here, and I..panicked...thinking that Pin..was in here.."