Pluck and Snap

Everyone quickly began to scatter, as knifes began to fly through the air. The others quickly sprinted around and behind trees, to help avoid the knifes from stabbing at them. But some saw this as an opportunity, to catch her and make her pay for the sins she had brought upon the land.

"Now, who were they again? Woody..? Rocky..? My two dear acquaintances...." Leafy stepped out of the darkness, twirling a blade in her hand. Her eye gleamed with anger as she looked up, her hand now clenching the knife.

"Murdered, and thrown away, just like THAT!" She flung the knife forward, where it aimed towards someone who was trying to flee.

Coiny.

He quickly ducked as he heard the blade hurl past him, before he stood up and turned around.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!" His voice nearly cracked, genuine anger coming from it. Leafy scoffed, before she took out another knife, twirling it in her hands just like before.

"You all are so pathetic. More so than you used to be..." she chuckled.

"But more...dumb. You all think I would do something like this?"

Coiny slowly began to approach her, his fists clenched and his eyes fixated on her.

"What...are you saying."

"Sure, I'd love to see you all die, but do you think I'd be the ones killing you? You think I killed Woody? Rocky? Or F-"

Her voice trailed off, before she could even finish saying his name. Her eyes began to glimmer with tears for a moment, as she clenched the knife. Coiny paused. He'd...never seen her like this. Well...

Not for a while.

She looked up, as a small tear escaped her eye and began to trickle down her cheek. Her eyes shined, a small tint of green glowing from her pupils.

"I...never even.." She looked down, feeling more tears spill out of her eyes. Coiny felt a wave of sympathy drown him out, as he continued to approach the leaf.

"You too huh...?

Leafy's eyes widened, as her head shot up to look at him. He had a sad smile on his face, as he now stood a few feet away from her. Her head tilted towards the side, as the green began to outshine the dull grey color in her eyes.

"What...?"

"I know how you feel." He sighed out.

"When you want to apologize to someone for the stuff you've done...only to realize that...-"

"They're gone..." Leafy's lip trembled as a sob began to bubble up her throat. Coiny looked down, a heavy silence hanging over the two.

That is, until the sound of metal hitting the bark of a tree broke it. Coiny looked up, to see Leafy holding the knife which was now stabbed into the tree, as she sobbed silently. Coiny shook his head.

"I'm...sure he missed you. He just-"

A sudden yell made Coiny jump.

"Agh- WHATEVER!" Leafy forcefully yanked the knife out, wiping her eyes. She turned back towards him, her eyes losing its bright, green color and returning to the emotionless grey shade that they once were.

"All I want now is to see all of you DIE! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!"

Before Coiny could even react, she swiftly took out a knife and hurled it towards him. He quickly ducked, but yelled out in pain as he felt the knife slice past his head. He put a hand on his head, as he looked up.

"Y-You think you can-..."

She was gone.

Coiny's eyes widened as he quickly stumbled away, trying to look around for any familiar face or any sign of help.