Chapter Twelve: Bliss

Julia:

I couldn't really believe what just flew out of my mouth. "It's a date," Seriously Julia? Chances are I probably just scared him off.

He wrapped his arms around my torso, hugging me goodbye. I swear I could stay forever in his arms. After a long second, we pull away and we say our goodbyes.

As I'm walking home, I can't help but wonder, what was going on with Lin and I?

Were we friends?

Did I like him?

Could he ever fall for someone like me?

I couldn't stop thinking about him and all of these questions. Here I am, overthinking my thoughts again.

I unlock my front door and set my bag down. I walk over to the kitchen, grabbing a cup of water. I mindlessly scroll through Twitter and Instagram, relaxing after a long day of rehearsal. An hour later, I take a warm bath and then head to my bed.

The next morning, I woke up with a grin on my face. I don't know what came over me, but I was just so happy.

It's probably because you're seeing Lin today, my conscious said. I mean, maybe. I just knew I loved being around him. I loved talking and joking with him.

I receive a text from Lin, saying he was going to pick me up at one in the afternoon. Luckily, it was eleven, so I had time to get ready. I had finished breakfast and now I was walking towards the bathroom to freshen up.

After taking a shower, I decide on what to wear. Simple, but cute, yet classy. How can we make this work? I started grabbing random pieces of clothing until I finally decided on an outfit.

After getting dressed, my outfit then consisted of a black turtleneck, some high waisted jeans and a belt. I wonder on how could I style my hair. I choose to let my brown waves loose, and then to apply some light makeup to my face.

When I'm satisfied with my appearance, I spray some perfume on and check the time. It was almost one, so Lin should be here soon. As if on cue, I get a text from him, saying he was outside. I grab my coat since it was kind of chilly outside and I'm headed out the door.

When I walk out the front door and close the door behind me, I see Lin standing in front of his car, waiting for me.

Damn.

I approach him and he smiles at me. "Hi!" I say as I go in for a hug, and so does he. "Lia, you look amazing." He gulps nervously. "Thank you! I guess you don't look that bad..." I joke and he rolls his eyes playfully.

We get in his car and make small talk on the way to the museum. When we get there, we pay for our tickets and begin our journey. There was so much to see here, it was huge.

"Oh my God, Lin! Look!" I whisper yell at him, grabbing his attention. "It's an Alexander Hamilton statue!" I fangirl over a historical figure.

"Oh, God, tell me we don't look alike." Lin says, trying to immitate the statue's pose which makes me throw my head back in laughter. He was struggling so much to perfect the pose.

"Lin, by the time you get the pose, this museum won't even exist!" I say and he laughs, still trying to get it right. I roll my eyes with a goofy smile on my face and we keep walking through the museum.

We see so many Hamilton references and Lin explains some history facts to me. I nodded attentively and tried to keep up with his genius brain.

Lin spots the Burr and Hamilton duel statues from afar, and runs excitedly to them like a little kid. A laugh escapes my mouth as I try to catch up with him. There were some white gloves and a duel gun on display that the visitors could use to re-create the picture of Hamilton and Burr about to fire, and Lin being Lin, that's exactly what he did.

I took out my phone and snapped a picture of him, shit, he looked good. (A/N: Picture Above.) I push that thought away for the rest of the afternoon.

After an hour and a half of roaming around, being sorrounded by history and knowledge, the tour ends. "This was probably the most fun I've ever had," I said, making Lin smile.

"Me too! There's so much of history that I still don't know to this day. It's really amazing," He comments and I agree with him. "You're right, you could write hundreds of musicals about American History, there's just so much to cover." I say and he chuckles.

"Well, you're not wrong, but even if I did write hundreds of musicals, that still wouldn't be enough." He says and I laugh. After a really nice afternoon, we walk to his car. We decided that it's best if he dropped me off home, since I had to keep learning my lines for Monday.

When we arrived at my place, he kindly opened the door for me and I thanked him. He walked me to my doorstep and we faced each other.

"Thank you for today, I loved it." I said truthfully and he looked down at the floor, smiling.

"You're welcome. I enjoyed today as well. So, I'll see you Monday?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I guess so, I'll be stuck at home learning my lines." I chuckled and he did as well. "That makes two of us," He laughed before kissing my cheek and letting his lips linger for just a moment.

"Bye, Julia!" He turned around and I smiled. "Goodbye," I said and opened my door. He walked to his car and didn't leave the driveway until he was sure I was home and safe.