Chapter Twenty-Nine: Christmas Eve

Lin:

The next morning consists of going to do some quick interviews about the musical and some paper work. I finish everything at around one in the afternoon, so I call Julia to see if she wants to have lunch with me before she comes to my apartment. She gladly accepts and I told her I was going to wait for her in the restaurant.

When I get there, I ask for a table for two and the waiter leads me to a booth in the back. I thank him as he places both menus onto the table. I get a text from Julia saying she was here, so I look up and see her scamming through the restaurant.

I slightly raise my hand up and she spots me, a smile plastered on her face. She walks over to me and before she sits on her side, she gives me a kiss.

"Hi, babe! Did you finish the interviews and whatnot?" She asks.

"Yes, thank God! So, technically my Christmas break starts right now." I say and I see her giggle. As we look through our menus, I ask her what she did today and she told me about the writing course that she had taken this morning.

We order our food and talk about random stuff until the food got here. We gushed over how great the food was, as always. I didn't know about Lia, but I was starving. We split the bill in half when paying and left the restaurant.

An hour had passed so it was now two pm, and Julia had the brilliant idea to go shopping since she didn't know what to wear for the Christmas dinner and the NYE party. I agreed because I didn't care where we went, as long as she was with me. And also I could buy a nice outfit for both occasions.

We drove to the mall on our separate cars since Julia had joined me in the restaurant. After about three shops, we went into this boutique where they had really nice dresses and suits for men.

"Please, just let me see, I'm sure it looks amazing!" Julia says from the other side of the fitting room, wanting to see what I looked like.

"No, this thing is too fancy!" I argue while I hear her laughing.

"Fancy or not, I want to see you!" She protests and I roll my eyes jokingly, she was adorable. I come out and see her jaw drop.

"You look so handsome, holy shit." She says and I feel the heat rise to my cheeks.
"So are you, my love." I say and we both burst out laughing, realizing what I had just said.

"Gorgeous, I meant gorgeous." I say, still laughing and she nods. "I know, baby. Alright go and change because you, sir, are buying this one." She said, fixing my collar. I realized I couldn't really win this argument, so I followed her orders and bought the suit. Soon enough, it was Julia's turn to try on the dresses.

Julia:

"Alright, fashion show time! Show me what you got!" I heard Lin say outside of the fitting room and a laugh escaped my mouth.

"Actually, this dress is too extra, so that's a no." I tell him while looking at my reflection on the mirror. I was wearing a sparkly champagne dress that's too tight on my butt and makes my entire back visible.

"Extra or not, I want to see you!" Lin quotes me and I giggle. "Touché!" I say before coming out of the room.

"Shit," I hear him mumble and I chuckle. "Julia, this looks stunning on you! This is perfect!" He exaggerates and I laugh. "Seriously?" I ask and he nods. "I love it!"

"Oh, sweetheart, that dress is perfect for you." Says the sales woman who's now standing next to Lin, who has the curtain wide open so almost the entire store can see me. I smile at the lady and roll my eyes at Lin.

"Thank you, I just think it's too much." I say to the woman.

"That dress is so pretty." A woman who appears out of nowhere says. "You look beautiful!" She adds.

"Oh, thank you!" I smile at her.

"See?! If you can't take my word for it, babe, take everyone else's. Don't look any further and just buy that one!" Lin says, making me laugh.

"Alright, I will." I say, closing the curtain so I could change back into my regular clothes. I take one more look at the dress, I do like it but I still think it's too much. I'll buy it though. I change to my clothes and get out of the fitting room. After convincing Lin a million times not to pay for my dress, I buy it and we leave the store and head to his apartment.