Chapter Fifty-Two: Tony Awards

Lin:

As the 70th Annual Tony Awards are coming up, we are rehearsing to perform two songs in the show. Yorktown, and The Schuyler Sisters. After seven years of hard work, it's all paying off.

Hamilton is currently holding sixteen nominations in thirteen different categories. This means we have a high chance of winning a Tony, an actual fucking Tony award, this is insane!

My thoughts are interrupted as I realize it's my cue in the Yorktown rehearsal, "Monsieur Lafayette," I say, just in time. We practice these two songs the whole day, making sure that we have no room for error.

"Alright, guys, excellent! Take five!" Tommy shouts and we all go grab some water.

"I am so fucking nervous for the Tony's tomorrow!" I rush over to Julia and she quickly grabs my hands, calming me.

"Slow down," She breathes and I close my eyes. "Babe, it's all or nothing. I-I, what if I like mess up, or something?!" I say and she laughs. "Mess up? Lin-Manuel Miranda messing up? That's hard to believe."

"I'm serious, babe." I say and her face softens. "I know. I am too. Lin, for goodness sake, you've performed in front of our President, and you still succeeded. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. You've got this. I know you do." She kisses my cheek and I smile.

"Thank you, Julia. I love you." I say and before she has a chance to respond, we are called back into the stage.

"Let's go over Schuyler Sisters one last time and we're done!" Tommy says and the girls do the performance as they were told. After that, we were dismissed and Julia and I went home to rest up for tomorrow.

When we got home, I got my notebook out and made sure that the speech that I wrote for tomorrow in case I won something was perfect. Of course, I included Julia in it because, why wouldn't I?

God, I love her so much.

I want to spend the rest of my life with her. She is my everything. She motivates me to be the best version of myself. She helps me grow. She helps me have patience. She helps me in every way, shape, or form.

She is so fucking perfect, and I know that no girl will ever, and I mean ever, make me feel the way she does. Scratch that, I will never fall for any other girl that isn't Julia Harriman.

So this is why, I'm taking a big step soon. Some may say it's too early, some may say it's absurd, I'll just say it's love and it's how I feel towards her.

Julia:

"The nominees for Best Original Score are," The lady says as she holds an envelope in her hand.

"Bright Star,

School of Rock,

Waitress, and

Hamilton, Music and Lyrics both by Lin-Manuel Miranda," She says and my heart starts to race. I see both Lin's eyes and mine water. I hold his hand while mine is slightly shaking, as the lady opens the envelope.

"I love you," I whisper in his ear, still holding his hand. "I love you too," He mouths back.

"And the Tony goes to...

Hamilton," And before she can finish her sentence, I stand up and give Lin the biggest hug ever. We fist bump each other, smiling. I sit down and Lin turns to his parents, kissing them on the cheek.

He proudly stands and walks towards the stage, and I see him pull out a white piece of paper from his suit. Before receiving the award, he opens the paper and stands behind the microphone.

"Uhm, I'm not freestyling, I'm too old." He says and I chuckle, wiping a tear away,  while people are still giving him a standing ovation. "I wrote you a sonnet instead." He says before continuing.

"Julia is the reason anything gets done,
She nudges me towards promise by degrees,

He begins the first line and I feel my heart burst into a thousand pieces.

"She is a perfect symphony of one,
Our bond is her most beautiful reprise.
We chase the melodies that seem to find us, until they're finished songs and start to play. When senseless acts of tragedy remind us, that nothing here is promised, not one day.
This show is proof that history remembers
We lived through times when hate and fear seemed stronger;
We rise and fall and light from dying embers, remembrances that hope and love last longer
And love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside.
I sing Julia's symphony, Eliza tells her story
Now fill the world with music, love and pride."

When he's done, I stand up and start cheering as much as possible. He notices me and chuckles, "I love you," He mouths once more, almost about to cry, and I do too.

"Thank you so much for this." He receives the awards and the applauds and cheers flood the theatre once more. When he gets offstage, he goes backstage and I follow him.

"Lin," I run towards him and he grins, "That was so precious!" I cry, "You are amazing, I don't know what I did to deserve you. I am so so so proud of you, you deserve the world and more. This is the first of many more to come, you hear me?!" I say and he laughs, wiping my tears away. He pulls me into a hug and I wrap my arms around his neck, wishing to never let him go.

Let Me Knowजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें