Chapter Sixteen: Yes

Julia:

I was currently laying in my dressing room couch, casually chatting with Renee about some costume changes. Jasmine then walks into the room, and Renee and I look at her confused.

"Weren't you supposed to rehearse Say No To This?" Renee asked her. Jasmine closed the door behind her and walked over to us.

"I guess Lin literally said no to that," She said, making us chuckle.

"What do you mean, though?" I asked, I didn't know what was going on. "Yeah, I'm lost." Renee added.

"When we were about to kiss, Lin said to stop the practice and to take a break." She explained and I furrowed my eyebrows. Lin's not like that at all.

"Why would he do that?" I questioned and Jazzy shrugged. After a few seconds of thinking, Renee spoke up. "Oh I know why," She said, making us both turn to look at her. "Why, then?" Jasmine said.

"It's obvious! He likes you, Julia. Why can't anyone see that?!" Renee shrieked and I laughed until I saw how serious she was. "I'm not kidding," She said.

"Oh, you have to be. Lin can't possible like me," I shook my head quickly, trying to not get my hopes up.

"Julia, everyone can see the fact that you guys like each other. Why do you think the whole cast is shipping you guys? Drop the act, you are so unique, and gorgeous, and kind, and smart! Why wouldn't he fall for you?" Renee said and Jasmine was one to agree. "She's right! Julia, I see the way you guys look at each other. You're just too scared to come out of your shell. Why are you scared?"

"Because I rarely fall for someone, and when I do, I fall hard! I'm scared I'll be the only one to love and fight in a relationship." I finally admitted the truth. It felt good to say it loud, especially with the people I trust.

"But Julia, you don't have to worry about that when it comes to Lin!" Renee says and Jasmine speaks up, "Besides, trial and error. You live and you learn."

I thought about it for a moment, and they were absolutely right. I couldn't be scared forever, could I? It was stupid for me to act this way. I took a deep breath and responded, "You guys are right. Okay, I'll just talk it out with Lin." I say, it's way harder than it sounds, but I'll try my best.

They start clapping and engulf me in a big hug, "That's our girl!" Jasmine says, making me laugh. "Now go get your mans!" Renee exclaims and I playfully slap her shoulder.

I walk onto the stage, hoping to find Lin somewhere near. I see him standing by the wings, he was talking to Andy. I decide to step back and to not interrupt their conversation. I went to the other side of the stage, so I wouldn't eavesdrop or anything for that matter.

However, this part of the theater was still so quiet that I could still hear them. "I can tell you like her, Lin. Everyone can. So, if you're falling for this girl, go get her. What are you waiting for?" I heard Andy ask Lin. My heart started to race, my palms got sweaty.

Were they talking about me?

"I...don't know," Lin mumbled and looked down at the floor. "What if Julia never even liked me in the first place and we lose our friendship?" Lin asks Andy.

Well, there's my answer.

"Lin, hear me out. I've never seen Julia smile at someone the way she smiles at you! She's head over heels for you and you're whipped. Tell her how you feel!"

After this, they exchanged a few words that I didn't quite catch. Andy pats Lin's back and then leaves him alone, still standing in the wings.

I slowly make my way over to him, "Hey," I whispered. He looked up and gave me his million dollar smile, "Hi, Julia." He put his hand around my shoulder and I wrapped mine around his waist.

We walked over to the stage, and we sat down on the floor, our feet hanging from the stage. "Hey, why couldn't you kiss Jasmine?" I asked after a few seconds of silence. He took a deep breath, and he didn't answer for a good five seconds.

"Because..." He silently spoke up. "She's not you," He said and my head turned to look at him. I grab his hands, and he looks up at my face.

"I like you, Julia. I've known since the second you walked into the audition room. I've known since our first conversation. I just, I was too-"

"Scared." I finished his sentence.

"Exactly, too scared."

"You don't need to be, because I like you as well." I admitted with a small smile.

"You do?" He whispered.

"Hell yes," I said and we both laughed at my choice of words. He stood up, and grabbed my hands, helping me up. "In that case..." He trailed off.

"Julia, I want to be your boyfriend. I want you. I want your flaws, mistakes, smiles, giggles, jokes, sarcasm, everything. I just want you!" He dramatically shouted and I covered my mouth while laughing. "So, would you be mine?" He asked. I frantically nodded without a doubt in my mind.

"Yes!" I shouted, and he lifted me up and spun me around. Suddenly, the cast reappeared and they were all in shock. They basically clapped for what felt like forever, and finally, I got to kiss his lips in real life, and not just in the musical.