Chapter Forty-Six: Dates

Lin:

"Babe, wake up, it's another beautiful day in Cancun, Mexico." I shook Julia up and she fluttered her eyes open. She gave me a small smile and I returned one.

We ordered room service for a quick breakfast and then got dressed. We headed downstairs and got ready to tour the city. We had a bunch of activities planned today, the first one on our list was to visit the Mayan ruins, which looked huge in the pictures.

The whole activities were all combined into one single tour, and we were currently getting on the bus to head to them. As the driver pulled out of the hotel, we were face to face with the city. The tour guide lady introduced the tour by starting off with some of Mexico's history. After that, we were off to the Mayan ruins.

Forty minutes later, I hear her say that we arrived at our first destination. "Let's go!" I said excitingly and Julia grabbed my hand, chuckling.

We got off the bus and couldn't believe what was in front of us, hundreds of historical structures that were immense and beautiful. "Wow, this is amazing." Lia mumbled and I put my sunglasses on. "I can't believe this was an actual thing back then." I said in awe.

And so on, we stopped in three more destinations until we got to some hidden caves. There were small pools inside them, so we decided to get in. The water, however, was kind of cold, so me being me, I pushed Julia over and she cursed at me jokingly.

The day consisted on about two more activities before the bus dropped us off at the hotel. It was now around six pm and Julia and I were starving, so we showered and got ready to go out to dinner.

"Wow, eight months later and you still manage to leave me speechless!" I say as I twirl Julia around when she comes out of the bathroom. We both laugh before I smile, "You look beautiful, my love."

"Thank you! And you, my friend, look incredible. Now, let's go." She laced her fingers with mine and led the way to the restaurant.

It was a small but beautiful place with dim lighting, kind of like one of our first dates. The food was delicious and we had a wonderful time, laughing as always. "Guess what?" I ask Julia excitingly once we leave the restaurant. Chuckling, she responds, "What?"

"Well I told you to guess, but if you insist..." I said jokingly, earning a laugh from her. "Oh, just tell me already."

"There's an open amusement park aaaaand we can go go-karting!" I said and she gasped, "Yes, finally I'm gonna be able to beat you at something!" She joked and I rolled my eyes. "Oh, you really think you can beat me in go-karts? Woman, please." I scoffed and she punched my arm softly.

"We'll see about that." She smiled. When we got to the park which was only five minutes away, we noticed there wasn't anybody there, however, it was open. We bought the tickets and went over to the cars.

"Hey, make sure you pick one that's good enough to keep up with my skills," Julia winked. "Ha, ha! Very funny, tell me another joke." I rolled my eyes, putting my helmet on.

The guy in charge of the cars laughed at our cute remarks. "Okay, ready guys?" He asked and we nodded. "Ready, set, go!" He shouted and we immediately pressed hard on the pedals.

The half of the first round, I was beating Julia, but that didn't matter, because we were both just enjoying ourselves. We were mindlessly laughing at each other, while the breeze made contact against our faces.

After a few minutes of racing, it ended up being a tie, surprisingly. "Seriously?!" Julia said, getting out of her car. I laughed at her reaction, she wanted to beat me so bad yet we both ended up losing.

"We suck!" I admitted and she started laughing. "Don't you want to change that 'we' to 'I'?" She said and I chuckled.

"You didn't beat me, so uh, nope." I popped the 'p' and she giggled.

"This isn't over, though. I demand a re-match!" She said as I grabbed her hand, leaving the race track.

"Alright, alright. We'll come back for a re-match." I pecked her cheek and she grinned. That night, we walked back to the hotel and ended up falling asleep in a matter of seconds.

A/N: I am endlessly thankful for all the comments, votes, and views. If you're enjoying the story and want something to happen, let me know! Lol puns. Anyways, thank you guys, I love youuuuuuu!