Chapter Thirty: Christmas

Lin:

Julia and I got to my apartment at seven, and we decided to bake some Christmas cookies. Julia scammed through the pantry, searching for the sugar cookies box while I set up the oven.

"Alright, found it!" She says after what felt like forever of searching.

"Finally, it took so long that I think it's actually two Christmas' later." I say, making her laugh. We get the instructions and start baking. At one point we decided to act as teenagers and throw the batter at each other, until our faces were covered with it.

"You have a little something," I said when her face was dangerously close to mine. "Riiight here," I say before kissing her lips.

"Oh, wow, very smooth, Miranda. Very smooth." She chuckles. We cleaned up and when the oven made the ding sound, we opened it, only to reveal perfect gold-browned cookies.

Decorating them was the best part for sure, we messed around a lot and even decided to have a contest to see whose cookies were prettier. Eventually, I let Julia win and she was vivid.

We ended the night eating the cookies, sitting with our legs crossed in front of the TV. This was for sure my favorite Christmas Eve ever. Julia made any hang out idea seem like the greatest day ever. After a few hours, we head to the bathrooms to wash our teeth and go to sleep.

Julia:

The following morning, I struggle to get out of Lin's grip without waking him up but eventually I manage to do it and then I go to the kitchen. I pour some coffee in a mug and make my way to the living room. I sit on the white couch and grab my phone, FaceTiming my parents which I was going to see later today.

"Julia, love! How are you?" Dad says.

"Hi, honey!" Mom says in the corner, making me chuckle.

"Hi, dad. I'm good, how are you guys? I can't wait to see the both of you today!"

"I'm good, honey, us too!" He says and I tell them that I'll get there in about an hour or so. After talking a bit and ending the call, Lin wakes up.

"Merry Christmas, babe!" I say and he smiles widely. "Merry Christmas." He kisses my lips and we pull away. "You're the greatest gift I've received and I'm endlessly thankful." He says, melting my heart.

"Same here, Lin. You've made my life amazing." I admit and we then decide to eat breakfast.

"So, what did my parent's-in-law say?" Lin asks with his mouth full of french toast.

"Lin, we're not married." I say and chuckle as I hand him a napkin.

"Someday you'll be my wife, so yes, I can."

I shake my head and we both laugh, "I hope so," I say. After breakfast, I kiss him goodbye and I go back to my apartment to change.

When I get to my place, I shower and change into a black top, a red skirt and a black leather jacket on top. (A/N: Picture Above.) I decide to wear some makeup and spray my face with a makeup setting spray since I had to make this makeup last the whole day until the dinner with Lin's family.

Once I'm satisfied with how I look, I leave my home and get to my parent's house at three pm. I open the door with the key, and see most of my family members scattered around the living room.

"Finally, Julia came!" Ethan, my brother, ran up to me and I gave him a hug. I ruffled his hair, making him laugh. I greeted everyone and talked a lot.

After maybe an hour, we were all here and we decided to open presents. After a good four hours of spending time with my family, I have to go to Lin's parents' house. I say goodbye to everyone and make my way towards the other party.

I knock on the door, almost terrified since I was going to meet the rest of Lin's family. I had already met his parents in the opening night for the show, but tonight I was meeting the rest.

"Hello, beautiful!" Lin says as he opens the door. I go for a hug and he wraps his muscular arms around my waist. I pull away and give him a quick kiss, before entering the house. He brings me into the living room while I have a nervous smile on my face.

"Guys, this is Julia. She's my beautiful girlfriend, as some of you may know." He introduces me. "Hi, it's nice to meet you all!" I say and they all introduce themselves individually.

Lin's sister was super cool and funny,
and his grandparents were absolute sweet hearts. "Luz, this is incredible!" I compliment her cooking as we were on the table eating.

"Oh, sweetheart, thank you!" She says. Then I get asked a lot of questions about how I got cast into the show and how I met Lin and whatnot. This family was so chill and interesting, I loved them.

A while after eating, Lin nudges my shoulder and nods to the backyard. I nod and we get the gifts for each other, since he wanted to do our gift exchange now. We excuse ourselves, going outside.

The backyard was filled with darkness from the night sky and some dim yellow lights as part of the decoration. It was perfect.