Chapter Thirty-One: Gifts

Julia:

"Okay, are you ready?" Lin says as he holds up his box with my gift in it. I nod repeatedly with a smile on my face, eager to find out what he got me.

I start unwrapping the box, and inside there is a white box. I open it and inside that box, there are two other black little boxes with a piece of paper on top of them. One of them says "Open this one first" and the other one says "Open this one after you've opened the first one".

I grab the first piece of paper and read it.

"Chin up, (OPEN FIRST BOX)"

I laugh as I take the little box. I open it and immediately cover my mouth with one hand once I see what's inside. A beautiful, shiny necklace with the word princess on it. I take it in my hands and I feel my eyes starting to water. This is so gorgeous. I unfold the other piece of paper and read what it says.

"Or the _____ slips, (OPEN SECOND BOX)"

My cheeks hurt because of how big I'm smiling right now. I take the second box and when I open it, I start crying like an idiot. There's a precious crown shaped ring that I quickly put on my ring finger. I look at it for a while, admiring it.

When Lin says the hidden message behind the two pieces of jewelry, I totally lose it. "I'm giving you these two gifts because I always want you to be reminded to keep your chin up, princess or your crown slips."

"God, babe. I love this! You're the sweetest person in this planet, what have I done to deserve such a precious person?" I wipe away my tears and see him smiling.

"You're welcome, my love."

"Now it's my turn!" I say and he laughs, grabbing the bag that I gave him. He opens it, and sees a red box. He shakes his head, not believing what I had gotten him.

"Julia, you did not get me this! This has to be a joke, this is not real!" I laugh at his reaction. "Go on, open it." I say.

"Oh, God. This girl..." He grins as he takes the bracelet in his hands. It was the bracelet he's been talking about for months, the Cartier Love Bracelet in silver.

He jumps up, engulfing me in a gigantic hug. "Baby, this is just the thing I wanted! How did you know? How in the world did you afford this thing, I don't deserve it!"

He says and I laugh. "Maybe because you wouldn't stop talking about it, silly! And what are you talking about, you deserve the world!" I say and when he pulls away, I see his eyes beginning to water. A tear escapes his eyes as we both start to laugh at our sappyness.