Chapter Forty-Seven: Back to Reality

Julia:

"We gotta make this day count since it's our last one." Lin said as we got on the tour bus. "You're right! I just don't want spring break to end just yet." I pouted and he chuckled. "I know, love. I feel the same way."

"But, this trip has been amazing. Thank you for everything, Lin." I kissed his cheek and he threw his arm around my shoulder as we took our seats in the bus.

"No, thank you. I love you." He smiled, making me grin. "I love you too,"

"Today we will be taking the Island Day Trip! We're gonna take the ferry and you'll be able to visit the beautiful beaches and reefs that the island has to offer. I hope you guys enjoy!" The lady said and we all clapped, ready to spend our last day here.

"Babe, can you pass me the sunblock?" I asked Lin as I got ourselves some beach chairs. "Now? On our last day? What about the past week?!" He said and I started laughing as his reference.

The whole week we've been here in Cancun, I didn't wear sunblock once, resulting in me getting really burned by the sun. "Yes, I decided to wear sunblock a week after I got burned, so what?" I joked and he chuckled.

"Here ya go, babe." He tossed me the product and I catched it in a second. "Thank you,"

The rest of the afternoon, we took a walk on the beach and even explored the reefs. It was now around six in the afternoon, and we were catching the sunset just in time.

"If we had a dollar for everytime we watched the sun go down in Cancun, we'd be millionaires." Lin said and I burst out laughing.

"You know I'm right though!" He chuckled, "You are." I admitted. "C'mon babe, we gotta get back to the tour bus." He says, reaching for my hand, which I gladly accept.

When we get back to our hotel, we shower to get the sand off of our bodies and make sure to pack for tomorrow morning. We also ordered some room service since we were too tired to go out to dinner.

When we were both pretty tired, we washed our teeth and got ready for bed. Lin and I cuddled, talking about our future, until our eyes felt heavy and we drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, we were up and ready, heading off to the airport. As we were waiting by the gates, we were revising our work schedules for next week. "Oh! Remember you have the SNL Monologue!" I remind Lin and his eyes lit up.

"Oh, that's right! Thanks for reminding me, love." He says and I smile.

"Flight 32A heading to New York boarding now." The intercom said loud and clear. Lin helped me stand up since I was sitting on the floor, and we got our backpacks.

We boarded the plane and in a about ten minutes, we were ready for take off. The plane ride back home we just chilled and got some work done, ready to be early with the deadlines.

When we landed in New York, we got a cab that took us back home. We were so exhausted from traveling the whole day, that we just took a long nap.

After a few hours, Lin and I had woken up and we decided to make some lunch since it was the late afternoon. We made some salad and pasta, which ended up tasting really good.

"I'm actually suprised we didn't burn the house down." I say as I take a sip of my water and I see Lin cover his mouth with his hand, laughing.

"I know, I am too! We always fuck up one way or another."

"It's sad but it's also true." I giggled. The rest of the night we spent it laying on the couch, doing the bare minimum since we were going back tomorrow for work. When it was about nine thirty, we called it a day and went to sleep, cuddling up by each other's side.

I hear our alarm blasting through the room and I groan. Lin, of course, was already up, persuading me into standing up. "I don't want to!" I complained and covered myself with the white bed sheets. I hear a low chuckle come from Lin, "Babe! Do you need me to pour water on you?" He laughed.

I released the warm sheets from my face, "You wouldn't." I said cockily and he raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really?" He started walking to the bathroom before I interrupted him. "Okay, fine! I'm up!" I gave in, standing up, and he shook his head, laughing. "Works every time." He said to himself.

I grabbed the closest pillow I could find and threw it at him. "Hey!" He pretended to be hurt while turning around to face me, "What was that for?!"

"Hm, let me think. Uh, for being an idiot." I shrugged and he smiled. "But, you looooooove this idiot." He cooed and I rolled my eyes jokingly. "Well if you want to keep it that way, then let's get moving." I laughed. We got ready relatively fast and we arrived at the theater in twenty minutes.