Chapter Twenty-Four: White House Part One

A/N: Thank you guys for 200+ reads! I love you all💕

Julia:

I woke up at around six forty five, before Lin did. I made sure to get out of bed carefully and slowly so I didn't interrupt his sleep. He needed it after all.

I go to the mini kitchen we had and prepare us both a cup of coffee. I sit on the small couch and check my phone notifications. A few minutes later I see Lin stirring in bed, groaning slightly. I chuckle at his actions and walk over to the bed.

"Morning, handsome." I say and peck his cheek. He instantly smiles and grabs my hand. "Good morning, love. What time is it?" He says, looking at the nightstand, searching for his phone.

"Uhm, almost seven," I said, glancing at the clock. "We need to get ready, it's the big day!" Lin exclaims, getting out of bed. "How are you this happy in the morning?" I ask him while giggling at his sillyness.

"Well, let's see." He grabs both of my hands as he turns to face me. "Today I'm performing for the White House, I woke up in Washington, and I get to do it all with my favorite person." He says and I blush, while looking at the floor, trying to contain my smile. I look up and give him a kiss.

"And I'm also a morning person," He shrugged after pulling away and we both laughed. We started getting ready since we had to be at the White House at nine and it was currently seven. I ended up wearing an outfit consisting of a blouse and a skirt, I didn't want to overdo my look but I didn't wanna look shitty either. I chose an appropriate pair of small heels and I threw on a coat since it was pretty cold out.

When Lin steps out of the bathroom, I take in his look, remaining speechless. Yes, my dorky boyfriend decided to wear jeans to the President's house, but he wore a white shirt, a tie and a beautiful blue blazer that fitted him perfectly.

"Wow," I said and he smiled. "I could say the same thing about you," He said and I giggled. "Lin, you look amazing." I pulled him closer to me and he wrapped his strong arms around my waist.

"And you, my love, look precious." He said. Once again, he left me with a hint of red linging on my cheeks. When we were ready to go, we all took the same black van and rode to the White House.

Lin and I listened to music on our way there as we ran over our lines just in case. He needed to do some extra practice just so he didn't mess up in his long rap of My Shot.

When we finally got there, we had to go through so much security. I mean, I figured that out though. Of course they needed hundreds of systems of securities and guards.

"Thank you," I said as one of the staff members opened the van doors for us. I stood by Lin's side, taking a hold of his hand that fit perfectly in mine. We looked at each other in admiration and smiled. "You ready?" He whispered and I nodded repeatedly.

When we walked inside, we were instantly greeted and told to follow the guards that were walking towards the room we were going to perform in. "Whoa," I mumbled as the guard opened the doors, the room was so eloquent and huge.

The stage started being set up while we were all chatting amongst ourselves. Suddenly, we saw two tall figures come into view. "Holy shit, Lin!" I whispered so only Lin could hear me and he turned his head to where I was looking at. He noticed who it was and his eyes grew huge. It was none other than President Barack Obama.

(A/N: This real life performance took place when Obama was in the office so I decided to write it as if it was actually 2017.)

He made our way towards us as we all tried to keep our cool. When he finally reached me, he shook my hand and smiled. "It's an honor to meet you, sir." I smile. "Please, it's an honor to meet you guys!" He said and we all laughed.

Lin gave Obama a friendly hug because they've met each other before, when Lin was invited to perform the first draft of the opening song back in 2009. It's extraordinary how far he's come, I'm so incredibly proud of him every single day.

Everyone started taking their seats and soon enough, it was performance time.