Chapter Forty: Weird

Julia:

"Laughin' at my sister, cuz she wants to form a harem." I sing onstage as I'm collecting the letters.

"I'm just sayin', if you really loved me
you would share him." Angelica sings and right after she says this, I see her glare at me with anger in her eyes.

She must be a really good actor.

"Ha! Two weeks later," I continue singing after taking the letter from her hand. When Act One was finished, we took a twenty minute break for intermission. I went back to my dressing room with Jasmine and Sarah.

"I'm already tired and we haven't even started Act Two." Jasmine pouted and Sarah and I laughed at her. "Well, Sarah, how do you like it so far?" I ask her, trying to kill the awkwardness in the air.

"I love it, I really do!" She smiled and so did I. "That's awesome, I could say the same thing." I chuckled.

"So, how are you and Lin?" She changed the subject in a monotone voice. After I stayed quiet for a few moments, not knowing she had asked that, she speaks up again.

"I mean like I saw you guys are together?" She asked. "Oh, right!" I laughed nervously. "Well, our six month anniversary is almost coming up and we're very happy together." I beam, I was at my best with my man.

"That's true, they're simply meant to be or something." Jasmine added and I chuckled. "Talk about you and Anthony!" I said and she laughed. After a few more minutes of talking it was time for Act Two.

After taking our bows, we had the rest of the afternoon free since there wasn't a night show scheduled. I heard a knock on the door as I was scrolling through my phone, seated on our dressing room couch and Lin came into view. I glanced at Sarah unconsciously and saw her eyes shine.

Okay...

"Hello, ladies." He said as he smiled and made his way over to me. "Hi babe," He whispered and gave me a kiss, sitting down beside me.

"Hey," I smiled.

"So, what do you wanna do tod-" Lin was about to ask me until Sarah spoke up.

"So, Lin, what'd you think of our performances today?" She questioned, turning to face him. He looked taken aback by the sudden question, but answered it nontheless.

"Uhm, amazing as always!" He chuckled.

"If I ever need to get better at a song or a dance move, let me know." She smiled and he chuckled nervously.

"Tommy and Alex will take care of that." He responded.

"Oh, okay. Well, I'll see you later." She exited the room, leaving Jasmine, Lin and I confused.

"That was weird." Jasmine laughed.

"I know, it's like she only said goodbye to Lin." I said and he was still confused.

"Yeah," He laughed. "Anyway, back to my original question, what do you wanna do today?" He asked me while Jasmine said her goodbyes and we said bye to her.

"Uhm, let's see." I thought for a moment as Jasmine closed the dressing room door on her way out.

"How about we go catch a movie?" I suggested and his eyes lit up. "Great idea, lesgo!" He cheered and I giggled. After leaving the theater, we picked the nearest cinema and chose to watch a romantic comedy, since it was one of our favorites.

Around an hour and forty-five minutes later, we got out of the movie theater. "That was funny," I admitted as we walked into the parking lot.

"Not as funny as you," Lin cheesed and I rolled my eyes. "Aweeeeeeee!" I exaggerated sarcastically. "You can't deny it though," Lin protested as we got inside his car.

"Yes, I can, watch me!" I said and we both remained in silently. "So, what? Are you denying it or?" He asked, making me laugh. "Yes, dumbass, I'm denying it." I said.

It was early in the evening so we decided to cook when we got home. Lin being Lin made a mess whilst making the pasta sauce, but I helped him clean it up. We ate dinner in the living room while watching funny Youtube videos and random shit.

Then, we decided to go to sleep early, like at eight. "What do you wanna do for our six month anniversary?" He asked me and I didn't know the answer.

"I honestly have no idea, whatever we do I'll end up loving it." I said truthfully and he dramatically held his hand up to his heart, making me giggle.

"You know what? I've got just the perfect idea. Two words, couple's massage." He says and I get excited.

"Yes! I love going to the spa, especially with all the theater work and interviews." I rushed and he laughed. "Wait..." I trailed off and he furrowed his eyebrows. "Is this another date where you had everything planned and just asked me what I wanted to do even though we were going to do your date idea anyway?" I asked and he burst out laughing.

"You caught me." He shook his head, still smiling. After talking a bit more, we drifted off to sleep.