Chapter Thirty-Four: NYE

Lin:

I see Julia take one more glance at her reflection in the mirror. She looked so gorgeous. Still to this day, I couldn't believe she was mine.

"You ready, love?" I ask, entering her room while she's applying a little bit more of mascara. She nods and turns around to face me.

"Yep." She says and wraps her arms around my neck, smiling. My hands rest on her hips as I pull her closer to my body. "C'mon, let's go. We don't want to keep your family waiting." I smile as I wrap my fingers with hers and we start walking outside the apartment.

I was a bit nervous since we were spending New Years Eve in Julia's parent's house. I'm slightly terrified because I don't know if her family will like me. But then again, when I met her parents and brother, they turned out to be one of the sweetest people in the world. Maybe it won't be that bad?

Julia is making her way towards the car until my voice stops her. "Wait," I say. "You look beautiful, I want a picture of you, stand right there."

Julia smiles while shaking her head but I'm already pulling out my phone from my pocket. I stand in front of her and start taking pictures even when she's not ready. She was blushing, it was so damn cute.

"Do me a favor and flash your billion dollar smile, please?" I pout and she sighs, "Fine, but just because I love you." She says, making me grin. She gives in and starts smiling for the pictures. When I'm satisfied with the amount of pictures I've taken, I put my phone back in my pocket.

By the time we get in the car and drive to her parent's house, everyone's there. My fear of meeting her family members reduces once I get to meet them all little by litte.

They're as sweet as her parents and brother, and they make me feel comfortable around them. We're really having a lot of fun. Everyone's sweet.  the food is to die for and good music has been blasting ever since we walked inside the house.

The most important and special part is that I'm spending it with the love of my life next to me. When it's almost midnight, I grab Julia's free hand and start walking towards the backyard of the house. There wasn't anyone else here but us, which made it even more special. We set our glasses filled with champagne on the ground.

We both look at each other, and smile. I give her a kiss on the lips as I wrap my arms around her waist. She wraps hers around my neck. "What time is it?" She asks.

I lift my hand and check the time on my gold watch, "12:58," I say and she raises both of her eyebrows.

"I swear if we miss the countdown, I'm blaming it on you." She says and I start laughing. "We won't, babe. The countdown starts right about," I hold my watch up to look at the time, "Now."

I hold her face placing both my hands on her cheeks and we start counting down from sixty. When we get to one, I give her a passionate kiss and we hear everyone cheering inside the house.

My very first New Years kiss with the woman that I love. It really doesn't get any better than this. "Happy new year, love." I say and we smile.

After the kiss, we grab our glasses of champagne and walk inside to make a toast with her family. We all start dancing and the music becomes louder. I spin Julia around in the living room, having the time of our lives.

We dance for hours, laughing at how terrible we both are at dancing. I can't remember when was the last time I've enjoyed myself this much.

When we're finally exhausted, we stop dancing and decide it's best to leave.
After saying our goodbyes, we head back to Julia's apartment and go straight to bed.