Chapter Fifty: Unexpected Night

Lin:

"Alright, are we ready to finish Act Two for today?" I asked to the cast as we spread around backstage while Julia was by my side. They all cheered and I chuckled, "I'll take that as a yes" I say and we all go to our dressing rooms to change to our costumes for the second act.

Once we finish the second act, we go back to the lounge. "Now, who's ready to have some fun?!" Daveed pops a bottle of champagne and we all cheer. "Happy birthday man!" I tell him as I give him a big hug.

We've been planning Daveed's birthday for a while, since he makes a big deal out of it. The plan was that after tonight's show ended, since it was Friday and we didn't have a show tomorrow, we would go out to a bar and have fun.

So, that's what we did. We went to our dressing rooms to change out of our show's costumes. I changed into a button down black shirt and some dark jeans. I waited for Julia outside of her dressing room and when she came out, she looked stunning.

She had a burgundy neck long sleeve dress that fit her perfectly. "You look amazing," Julia says and I smile, "No, look at you!" I say, making her laugh.

"Fine, look at us!" She says and I chuckle, "Amen to that, we look like a power couple." I say and she rolls her eyes, "What? It's true!" I say and she laughs, grabbing my hand as we exit the theatre.

"Wait, you rented a limo and everything?" Julia asks Daveed as we see a white limo pull up. "Uh, duh! Who do you think I am?" He raised an eyebrow, "You're so fucking extra." She said and I laughed at their argument.

The whole cast got into the limo and we made our way to the bar. Once we got there, we ordered some shots for Daveed and some drinks for the rest of us. Julia and I didn't necessarily love drinking, so we just had one beer for the rest of the night.

We danced for hours, not caring about a single thing in the world, just having fun. Daveed was also having the time of his life, if you ask me. He was thriving. I think he even ended up meeting a girl.

"Alright, my legs are not up for any more dancing!" Julia came to my side as I sat down in a couch. "I could say the same thing, I'm not that young," I rolled my eyes and she laughed, sitting besides me.

I threw my arm around her shoulder, "Hey, do you want to get out of here?" I attempted to say over the loud blaring music. It seems to me that she heard what I said since she nodded and stood up.

We couldn't find Daveed, we only found Jasmine and Anthony so we told them that we were leaving early. They nodded and made sure to tell Daveed if they saw him.

We made our way outside the bar and checked the time, 10:54pm. Technically really early, since I think they're gonna be up partying until three in the morning.

We got an uber to take us back home. When we got to the apartment building, we noticed a small dog coming our way. Julia and I immediately bend down, reaching for the puppy.

"Hi! Oh my gosh, you are so cute! Are you lost?" Julia asks as she searches for his collar but he has none. "Hello there!" I say in a puppy voice, taking the puppy into my arms.

"Babe, I think he is a stray." I say, taking a good look at him. "I think we should ask the lady in the front desk to see if she knows it's from somebody." She says and I agree. "Good idea,"

We enter the building, the puppy still in my arms. "Hello, excuse me, do you know if this puppy belongs to anybody?" She asks the lady and she nods.

"Actually, someone in the third floor today let the puppy have his freedom. He left him on the streets. I called a nearby dog shelter, and they told me they were going to take him tomorrow with them unless someone took the dog first." She explained.

"Oh, really?" Julia asked, kind of taken aback.

"Yes. But, seeing as you guys are interested in the dog, maybe the shelter won't come by tomorrow. Do you guys want to keep him?" The lady asked and we both looked at each other, and without any doubts in our minds, said yes simultaneously.

"Well, great! I'll be sure to give them a call." She smiled. "Thank you so much!" Julia said. "Have a good night." I said as well as we walked to our apartment room. "We have a dog!" Julia exclaimed while hugging me.