Chapter 1: Bad News

It was a chilly autumn day. The streets stayed empty, leaving out the playful bunch of leaves to whirl and swirl around in tiny tornadoes. The freezing wind whipped at the trees' branches, balding them even more. Garbage and wrappers flew around aimlessly, joining in with the leaves.

A seventeen year old girl, Chou Tzuyu, snuggled safe from that unforgiving cold in her favourite sofa, one hand cradling a mug of hot chocolate, while the other clenched a piece of toasted bread within its fingers. Witch's Love, her favourite drama was played again on the television, for the second time in less then two months. It was just too interesting for someone to not rewatch it, or that's what Tzuyu liked to say to her friends when recommending some good K- dramas. Anticipation began building up inside her as she neared her favourite part. This was the episode she lived for, but just then . . . Just then! The doorbell rang.

Ugh!

"Mina unnie! Can you please get the door?" she called, not taking her eyes off the screen. Honestly, why did she always had to get interrupted at the best parts? Director Ma was finally going to kiss Cho Hong in this episode! Kiss is the start of romance, he said. Cute! But that monster at the door had to ruin it for her.

"Geez, Tzuyu-ah! You're right next to it!" said Mina, striding out of the kitchen. She shook her head at her friend, but on the inside, she was trying to cover up her excitement.

"Please, unnie? I can't miss this scene," Tzuyu cried and drained the last bit of hot chocolate in the mug. Mmm~ She should buy more of this brand. It was pretty good, unlike the one she had gotten in a rush last time. It felt like drinking sandpaper milkshake.

Mina sighed, "Fine." She unlocked the door, patiently planting her feet on the ground. "Hey, Jimin," she greeted, smiling her widest. "It's time you decided to show up, huh?"

A skinny, but handsome guy walked in. Handsome or not, he was hella annoying . . . Well, he could be, if you ask Tzuyu. "Hey," he said and slipped off his shoes. He took off his jacket and handed it over to Mina. She hung on the coat rack and followed him to the living room. "Can't believe I didn't see you guys for a whole two weeks," he said, hugging her.

Mina pushed back and frowned. "What do you mean?! I called you multiple times to come over for dinner before vacation ends, but you said you were busy!"

Jimin just laughed and ruffled her hair. She blushed. Giving her another one of his sweet smiles, he went to Tzuyu. "Yah, Yoda! Scooch over," he yelled. Finally showing his true colors, wasn't he?

"Oh, hell na!" Tzuyu yelled back, spreading her legs wider on the couch. "Sit on the other one, why don't you?" She pointed to the smaller one and looked away. Talk about that behavior change! Just looking at him pissed her off.

"Nope," he refused and shook his head, an evil smile playing on his lips. He glanced over at Mina and smirked.

"I'm not getting up."

"Well, too bad," Jimin muttered and picked Tzuyu up in his arms. Her empty hot chocolate mug fell on the fluffy carpet with a soft thunk. Then he "gently" threw her on the other couch and got comfortable on the bigger one. True colors!

"Yo, dude! What's your problem? Can't you see I'm busy doing something?" Tzuyu fumed.

Jimin's laughed, "Busy? And you? Nice joke."

"Whatever." Tzuyu rolled her eyes and pretended ignore him, but that flashy blue color of his sweatshirt was making it hard for her to.

He smirked again and patted the spot next to him, signaling Mina to sit. "Didn't you finish watching that, like, three weeks ago?" he asked Tzuyu.