Chapter 67: Sulky Boyfriend

Tzuyu concentrated hard on the packet before her. A drop of sweat trickled down her slick skin and landed on the sheet of papers, blending into the ink of her black pen. She grimaced. So much for drawing perfect circles . . . . Another drop made its way down. She quickly wiped it away. Tzuyu was focusing so hard on the typed words before her that nothing came into focus. Everything was a haze of blurr.

Frustrated with her blank mind, she lifted her head to look around the examination hall. Her eyes were met with rows and rows of multi-colored heads. Black. Brown. Blonde. Blue. Red. Pink. Purple. Orange. She was sitting at the back of the room, far away from the teacher's view, however, she quickly returned her gaze back to her paper before he gave her the look he gave every single student who just happened to be taking a break, not looking around to cheat. And it wasn't like she was scared or anything. It was just that ol' Gong dude with his shaved head glistening with perspiration. What harm could that one measly, bald duck do? And anyway, with Jungkook on her side, she could sock him in the head right away if he did do something. He'd know better than to report them.

But before she began staring at the question paper again, she took in the situation around her. The same was going on everywhere she turned to look: students pulling at their collars; boys releasing sickening cracks of bones from their knuckles; girls wiping their faces with the back of their hands or, some who came prepared, with hankies. It was a sorry sight. The tension was hanging low in the room like a depressing cloud, about to release a storm of anxiety on the poor souls.

"Seventy-five minutes!" Mr. Gong called. The thunder rolled.

Tzuyu's heart raced around inside her ribs. What? Only an hour and a half? That's it? She was still on the MCQ packet and had yet to start the open response essays. To add off to her increasing tumult, there were two, each asking for at least three examples that she didn't really remember at the top of her head. She reviled.

Looked like she was turning in scribbles this time.

Scribble, scribble. Scratch, went her blue ink pen.

Hastily constraining the gears and cogs of her mind to turn, she circled and moved on to the last five. For the last three terms, there had only been forty-five multiple choice questions, but since this was for the finals, the school had made an addition of five more, each from the chapters they hadn't covered much ground on. But Tzuyu was one of those smart-minded ones who'd decided to keep their notes--just in case the school decided to be sneaky and mean--instead of discarding them off like scraps, thinking they won't be studying from them.

But alas, they did.

And Tzuyu rested her sympathies with those who raced around the school begging for a lend--Jungkook included--as those last five were worth two points more than the rest. She had to lend her notes to almost every one of her friends, except Yugyeom, who also kept smart about it. But since his bug-crawl handwriting was difficult to decipher, it was her holding the charity office. Later in the week, the questions and phone calls got so worse and constant that she was forced to print copies.

Scribble, scribble.

Tzuyu was glad that she decided to pay extra mind to those sections and did some additional research, because the five questions were mainly based off of opinions, although only one was correct. It didn't make sense to Tzuyu. They should've made those the open responses. But was she complaining? Of course not. Who in their right minds would want to write another ten-lined paragraph on nanotechnology and its uses? She didn't, and that was for sure. She was already low on time as it was.

Scratch! Scribble . . . dot! She swiped in a last circle at the bottom of the page.

Aha! There, all done with the packet. Setting it aside carefully, she grabbed a fresh sheet of college-ruled lined paper from her folder and began working on the questions.