Chapter 35: Exposed

His breakfast was on the table like usual, but the person who cooked it was already done with hers and had already left for school. Sighing, Jungkook took a seat and dug in.

Aahh, pancakes. It's been so long since Tzuyu had last made pancakes for him. Usually it was omelettes or toasts. Or just box of cereal placed neatly next to a bowl and a jug of milk.

But when actually was the last time he had pancakes? Recounting all his breakfast memories from the past few months, he quietly slurped the last drops of milk from the bowl. Was it sometime during his stay with hyungs when school was out for winter? No. Did he have them from the school cafeteria? No. Any breakfast place? Nope.

Then, it hit him. He had had pancakes when he and Tzuyu... slept together the night before. It was the day when everything had gone wrong and he . . . didn't get to try her out in bed.

After wiping his dishes clean, he put them back in the cupboard and left for school. On his way, he saw Lisa talking to Rosé. He stopped and bent down, pretending to tie his laces when he was actually debating if he should go up and talk to her or not.

Lisa was about to ignore him but she saw Tzuyu leaning against the wall, looking towards Jungkook's direction. She didn't know about what was going on between them yet. So thinking that talking to him to make Tzuyu jealous, Lisa told Rosé that she'll meet her in the class and shashayed up to him. She tapped him on the head. He looked up and almost stumbled at the sight. Lisa stood there, twirling her hair between her fingers and biting her lip impatiently.

He nervously began rubbing the back of his neck. "H-hey, Lisa." This was the first time of her being the first one to approach him ever since she's returned. It was usually him head over heels for her, following her everywhere so he wouldn't look lonely. Pathetic.

"What's up, Jungkook?" She smiled brightly, showing off her perfectly-lined white teeth.

"N-nothing." He mentally cursed himself for stuttering. "What about you? How'd you Math test go?" Wow, Jungkook! That's the first thing you ask you ex? Pathetic, just pathetic. Now go ahead and look like a total loser.

"It went fine, I passed."

"Good for y-you." Quit stuttering! He tried asking her something that wouldn't sound so formal. After all, they've dated and had that... 'thing.' What would other people think if they see this popular dude looking like a total dummy in front of his ex-girlfriend? "So, how're the things with Jennie? Found any other place yet?"

Her eyes widened and she sneered. "Wouldn't think you would be asking about that. I mean, I'm your girlfriend . . ."

"Ex."

". . . and you ask about my best friend?Aren't you gonna ask about what I've been through?"

"Uh . . ." He wasn't sure if he wanted to hear about what she's been doing during her suspension. Probably cooking up nasty plans with her nasty friends.

"Nevermind that," she waved the topic off, but started an even more uncomfortable one. "So, what has been going on between you and Tzuyu?"

He was taken aback. He did wish that something was going on between them but not this. Not this Tom and Jerry situation. "What do you mean?"

"I mean," she said again, "aren't you two really close since you live together?"

"No, we're not." He finally saw Tzuyu across the hall from him. He caught her eye, but she just gave him a cold stare and walked away.

"Oh, really?" Lisa sneered again. "Weren't you cheating on me because of her?" She said that a little loudly. A few students stopped but hastily walked away when they saw who they would be dealing with.