Chapter 29: Broken Window

Tzuyu was just taking off her jacket when she heard the keys jangling in the lock. She quickly threw it on the floor and ran to her room.

Jungkook heard her door slam when he entered. He picked up her soaked jacket and put it in the laundry basket. Surprisingly, it was only half full of his clothes. Maybe Tzuyu was keeping her own in her room. Oh, well.

He took off his own and hung it on the coat rack. As he was about to knock on her door, he heard the defending roar of glass crashing from inside. His heart stopped beating.

"TZUYU!" He began smashing his fists on the wood, hurting his knuckles. "TZUYU, OPEN THE DOOR!"

But he didn't get any response. He kept banging until he heard another door open. It was probably her bathroom door. Thank God. Hopefully, she wasn't hurt.

"What the heck?!" her shout came from inside. "Ouch!"

"Tzuyu open the door!"

"Wait up, Jung- crap!"

"Tzu, you okay?!"

He heard her making her way towards the door. She was using something to get the glass out of her path. The swishing and scratching of the little pieces was irritating his ears.

"Aaaahhh!"

His heart stopped for the second time hearing her scream. There was another crashing sound followed by some really awkward cursing. He was about to break the door when there was a call of "I'm fine!" Jungkook sighed and waited for her.

The door was finally opened to reveal a beautifully ugly sight. Tzuyu's hair was plastered across her face, her clothes sticking to her body were covered in splotches of blood in several places. Sneezing, she covered her face with her hand revealing more bloody scratches.

She had sneezed so hard that her legs gave way, causing her to stumble. He quickly caught her before she could fall backwards onto the sharp glass. Jungkook held her until she was done rubbing and blowing her nose. He took her hand in his and gently swiped off the blood.

"What happened?"

She stood up, though still unstable and cleared her throat. "See for yourself."

Jungkook fully pushed open the door and what he saw was not nice. Shattered glass lay everywhere, covering the floor and the furniture. Harsh wind and rain blew in from the square hole in the wall, wetting everything in the room. Apparently, the window had finally been weakened by the impact of the strong storm.

A broken lamp was laying down on the floor where the glass surrounding it was covered in blood. That was where she had slipped and gotten hurt.

Jungkook turned back at her. She was scratching her cuts which looked extremely painful and bothering. He grabbed her hand and held it down to keep her from making them worse.

He pulled her along into his room and made her sit on the bed.

"Can I please use your bathroom?" Tzuyu asked. "I need to get this cleaned up." She pointed at herself.

"Does it hurt?" He sat next to her and held her hand again because she again had started scratching, causing the cuts to bleed more.

"Uh, no," she said sarcastically and rolled her eyes. He smiled.

Blood from her legs was seeping into his bedsheet and was slowly getting spread around.

"Sorry," she apologized and tried to get up but he pulled her back down.

"It's alright. We need to get these off of you first." He pinched her shirt in his fingers and pulled it up.

"We?"