Chapter 23: Business Party

"So, hyung, how's it going with you and Jennie?"

"I don't know," replied Taehyung. "She's been acting weird lately. We're barely seeing each other anymore."

Jungkook was in Taehyung and Sehun's dorm. Sehun wasn't home. He had gone to meet up with Kai and Chanyeol. They still had a couple more hours until Mr. Kim's business party. Taehyung did not want to go because he did not want to see his girlfriend for the whole night. Jungkook had told him about Lisa and had decided to at least try and make up with her. He wasn't sure if he was still invited but he was going anyway. He did not mention anything about what happened with Tzuyu back in the dorm. He was too embarrassed. What was he going to tell Taehyung anyway? That she rejected him? Hell na.

"I really think that you should break up with her," said Jungkook.

"You think so?"

"Yeah. And you like Sana, don't you?"

"I do, but am I not cheating on Jennie, then?

"Isn't she?"

"I want to have a reason behind our break up. I really don't have proof against Jennie, of what's she's been doing behind my back, do I?" muttered Taehyung glumly. "I don't want her, or anyone else to think that I've broken up with her without any reason."

"Sana is a reason," Jungkook pointed out.

"She probably is, but I don't want to drag her into this. And I don't even know that if she likes me back or not."

"Oh."

"And who knows what Jennie might do to her. I can't let her get hurt. She doesn't even know anything about it!"

"Hyung, you gotta make a move," Jungkook pushed him on. "How else are you going to confess to her?"

"That's the problem. I get nervous around her."

"What do you mean?"

"For some reason, I get tongue-tied when she's around. I keep getting confused and forget what I was about to say."

"Ohh, so that's why you barely talked when we went on a field trip last year. She was in your group, right? I thought that someone was too excited to crack his new collection of jokes around the campfire."

"Ye-ah."

"And remember when you were too scared to give the ending speech in your presentation because Sana was checking on your group?"

"You can stop now. The thing is that... she's different." Taehyung got this dreamy look in his eyes. "Different than any girl I've met before."

"How?"

"I don't know..." A smile formed on his lips. "Well, she's not scared to let her awkward side out. She does all the things that other girls are too scared to do in front of boys."

"Aren't all her friends like that? Honestly, they're a weird bunch." Jungkook laughed, thinking about Tzuyu.

"She was trying to blow a bubble with her nose last week."

"Yeah, because her friends were challenging each other."

"Hers was the biggest, though," Taehyung pointed out.

"Alright."

"And have you ever heard her curse? Poopy chocolate chips? Holy umbrellas? She was even debating if we should have a National Bacon Day."

"No wonder Tzuyu has problems." Jungkook still remembered her saying "Holy Beezelbubs!" last year.

"What?"