Chapter 41: Love Signs

What... is she doing here?

Namjoon stared across the table at the figure hunched over an old, yellowed book. What was she really doing over here?

Jeongyeon.

In a library, reading a book. An old one at that.

And too focused?

Nice joke.

Namjoon walked up to the table next to her, making as much noise as he could to disturb her without violating any library rules.

But to no avail.

She did not even as much as flinch or showed any signs of noticing him, which was surprising because usually she would sense his unfortunate existence even from a hundred yards away and twist her expressions in a way like he was the most disgusting thing she's ever seen. Or annoying even.

Well, he couldn't help it if he was the smarter one. And the calmer one, too.

She didn't even move when a basketball - what was that doing there? - hit her on her feet that he "accidently" kicked. She absentmindedly kicked it back with the heel of her sneakers and soundlessly turned the page.

Namjoon took a seat at the chair nearest to her and tried to peek at her book over her brown head. But as if she finally realized that he was there, Jeongyeon switched her position and now was blocking the whole thing from his range of view.

"Well, thanks a lot, Yoo Kyung Wan," he muttered under his breath and flipped open his own book to take his mind off of her. He'll try again later. It was miracle that a book could be interesting enough to catch this girl's attention and make her lose all consciousness of the world around her.

Oh, well.

He began reading his own book about some type of science he hadn't even heard about but it soon came to him that he wasn't taking any word in. His mind was still distracted towards the book and her.

Wait . . .@ was she wearing the shirt he gave her on her birthday last year? But she said it was too big for her and wasn't her taste and the color was too bright and she didn't like it.

Now that he thought about it, she looked good in oversized shirts.

The hungry silence in the library was suddenly consumed by a loud, harsh sneeze. Namjoon's soul had practically crawled out of his skin as another sneeze followed up right after the first one.

It took him a moment to realize that the sneezes were from him. And now Jeongyeon had snapped her gaze from the book and was glowering at him as if he had committed a crime.

Stupid cold!

Namjoon watched as his soul flew away from him and knew that it wasn't coming back any time soon.

"I heard that, you know," she gritted her teeth, looking fierce as ever.

"I'm pretty sure everyone in the library did." He hid his head behind the book to avoid her angered stare and rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Not that, genius!" she snapped. "Of course, everyone heard it!"

"So what are you talking about?"

"How many times do I have to tell you to not call me that?!"

He decided to ignore that question and ask his own. "What's that book you're reading? Are you feeling okay?"

Jeongyeon's eyes widened. She swung around so fast that Namjoon was sure that anyone else could've had their bones broken - and grabbed the book with such force that she bended the paperback cover. "That's none of your business!"