Chapter 49: Mistake

"Jimin! JIMIN!" Tears welled up in her as she ran after him, her voice lost in the droning of the crowd. She wasn't the crying type, so it hard to tell if her eyes were just watering because of the wind, or if she was actually crying. I forgot . . . I FORGOT! Forgive me, Chimmy. I messed up.

She ran, he walked. He didn't need to run. The crowd was a big help holding her back. Before he could turn around the corner, something stopped him. He had to look back. He searched the street for Mina.

There she was, just standing there, watching him go, her eyes shining in the blue lights of the restaurant besides her. You're . . . crying?! No, no, no!

He was about to go back to her; he couldn't just leave her like that; but she had already looked away. To make thing worse, the guy from before appeared out of nowhere and took her into his embrace. Mina didn't resist. She buried her her head into his chest and cried in his arm.

Heart boiling in the cauldron of sadness, Jimin took off. He didn't cry, but his heart was oozing black tears of anger and regret. He couldn't believe Mina would do this just to get back at him! Wait . . . was that even her intention? Huh, who cares? She still hugged that guy in front his eyes. That sl--!

No, you can't call her that, he stopped himself, not quite believing he was about to use that word for Mina. You still don't know the real story behind her forgetfulness. And you've just made things worse instead of clearing them up. Good job, you dumb('a' word.)

He wanted to forgive her, but he couldn't. She knew he was looking, yet she still hugged him. He caught her stealing a tearful glance at him as the guy lead her away from him. Jimin felt his hands itching like hell to kill him. How dare he touch his girl? Doesn't he know she already has a boyfriend? Well, now he does. And, yeah, just wanted to throw this in that if you find yourself dead in your bed next morning, serves you right for going near my girl!

Jimin was lost in his track of thoughts and murdering schemes when he bumped into someone. He was brought back to his senses by that sudden impact and he realized that he wasn't paying attention to where his feet were leading him. Not noticing that something had just slipped out if his pocket, he kept walking.

He found himself in the midst of the town park, standing near a backless bench. An old tree provided shelter from the light sprinkle that had began pouring all of a sudden. Jimin stared at the bench, not sure why. It looked somewhat familiar, but he couldn't quite place it in his memories. The park was populated with the same old wooden benches everywhere, but this one . . . This one was pulling him towards itself. Jimin eyed it in confusion, fully aware of how awkward and strange he must be looking. He slid his eyes over the dark wood until they came across two initials carved into the rusty surface.

P. JM × M. MN

Tiny, but beautiful hearts bordered the letters, creating another heart which trapped the initials inside it. A tear escaped Jimin's eye. He sat down on the bench and traced his finger over the carving, feeling the rough yet, wise wood.

How many other love stories had the bench seen?

How many other breakups had happen in front of him?

How many heartbroken people had sat on it and shared their stories?

There were many other love stories carved upon the wood and Jimin knew his wasn't the only one.

His head disappeared behind his hands and he cried. He had just wanted to fix things! He saw how tired and sad Mina seemed this morning during lunch. She didn't even talk to him, or even look at his direction. She seemed scared.

It was Tzuyu's fault. Jimin blamed Tzuyu! It was all her fault! Why was she on Mina's contact page anyways? Did she mean to send it to her all along or was it actaully a mistake? Jimin knew that he wasn't to be trusted with girls some times because of his playboy background, but Tzuyu had taken it a bit too far to actually tell Mina about basketball game incident. Jimin had gotten a lot of warnings and threats from his girlfriend's friends. He had vowed not to break her heart, but that's what he did. It came to him that Tzuyu had done the right thing. It was wise of her to forward that message to Mina, because what he did, exposing his body to other girls, wasn't what real loving boyfriends did. Yeah, they might do it to tease their girls and make them jealous because they found it cute, but they didn't take advantage of them not being there.

Giving your love to someone else is all about making sacrifices for your relationship and lover. And maybe even yourself. Making sacrifices probably also includes being modest, which was something Jimin always found hard to cooperate with. He couldn't help but tell the world how muscular and amazing his body was. He didn't want to have all that hotness locked up inside his shirts. So then what was the point of working out in the first place?

But when he met Mina, he immediately knew what true love was. And he also knew that it was time to give up a lot of his obsessions to make her his. She was an innocent girl and was too pure to get into all the stuff he did in those days. Jimin realized how much he had changed after she came to his life. It was like she had infused a sun in his body, bright and warm and lively.

And he had destroyed it in a day's time. He felt guilty for actually being lucky that they didn't see him blowing a kiss at that giggling mess. He was just playing around with them, but he didn't realize what a big mistake he was making.

Stupid! So stupid, Park Jimin!

His tears now began reaching down his sleeves to his elbows. They tickled him as if trying to make him laugh and make him forget his misery. But the sadness was over weighing his heart. He lifted his head to wipe his eyes, not caring what other people might think. Heart breaks happened all the time, right? It shouldn't be something new for everyone to see.

But if it was, he wanted everyone to see that they could end up like him if they didn't take their relationships seriously. If they hurt their lover, this is how everyone will see you.

Looking up, he thought, was another mistake he made. He shouldn't have. Because the sight he met, shattered the remaining fragments of his fragile heart.