Chapter 64: Chocolate Cake

The yellow afternoon of the cool Tuesday slowly blended into an orange evening. Taking that as a sign of the day ending, students began retreating to their dorms, still laughing, joking around, and whispering gossips to each other, wanting to spent as much time together before they closed their doors behind them and began finishing their leftover homework, and then slumped down in their beds for school the next day.

The courtyard was soon emptied and deserted, for everyone had been eager to put a rest to their energized limbs. For as long as the warm weather remained, everyone wanted to enjoy their times outside before the leaves of trees took their autumn forms, falling in their foods when they lunched under the trees, and before the cold winds of winter, who slapped their faces red, were back. Their voices were tired, but also full of contentment. No one, except maybe a few, knew what kind of tragedy had struck one of their fellow pupils a few weeks ago.

Tzuyu stared out of her window in the living room, watching them squish through doors, running and pushing past each other. Since the window overlooked the courtyard, she had a perfect view from up here. Jungkook had removed the TV stand for her a few days ago and put the TV in his room because she rarely watched any shows or movies anymore. And if she did, she always had him sit with her, which he, of course, didn't mind at all. What place was better for cuddling than his bed? It was bigger than hers, and who knew if it might be needed when things got a little out of her control.

Though he did know that he solely respected Tzuyu's privacy, her being old enough (quoting his own words) "to do the eighteen plus" had him trying hard to control his manly hormones.

Does she keep getting even more beautiful day by day? he often asked himself. And is that even possible?

And to make things worse for him, she began to pay more attention to her appearance, and herself in general, now that she knew that she finally had someone to fully take care of her and watch her back. She wore tops that had him go crazy (even more crazier than for the ones Lisa wore, which were more skin than clothing) for the sight of her. The shorts and dresses she wore for the warm weather had him patiently waiting for winter to arrive so she could hide those damn slick, long legs of hers.

And he just loved the way how she always left a few strands of her hair hanging untied because she knew tucking them behind her ears was one of his most favourite things to do.

He was a boy after all. It was cliché, but a person may differ from others to you, but that didn't necessarily mean they were a whole different species.

Jungkook had always thought that things like these, like loving someone to the end of the world, for example, were to a certain extent. But Tzuyu kept proving him wrong. And what made it better was that she never grew annoyed or tired of him telling her "I love you" or saying "You're so beautiful" again and again.

He was all hearts for her soft, squishy and cute side under the hard shell the years had formed over it for protection her heart needed. But now he was there, all that it needed were its beatings for him.

Though she had been weak in her vow of never loving a boy again, he was sure that he wouldn't be in his. She was a precious gem to everyone's lives, and he made it his duty to love her, protect her, and cherish her, for all of his.

So . . . back to the window again: she could catch a better view of the outside this way rather than looking out at the stone wall of the other dorm building from their bedroom windows. Though they only lived five stories high, the people below seemed like colorful ants to her.

Jungkook wasn't home. He had to work extra shifts for a few days since he had taken a whole week off just to look after her. She had no one to talk to but herself, and she kinda liked it that way. It was good to be alone and just have yourself for a company once in a while.