Chapter 44: Literature Test

"I don't know, Hobi. I'm nervous. . .  no actually, I'm freaking out! This is gonna decide my whole life and my career! If I don't pass, my parents are going to pull me out of college and make me work at the farm with that perverted cousin of mine. Who knows what he might do to me! Then, I'm not going to be able to see any of you guys at all! I wouldn't even get time to dance when I'm going to be pulling out all those carrots! I would have to leave the dance team, too. And the Wi-Fi doesn't work either! How am I supposed to use social media and listen to music? Am I gonna have to have some village heartthrob play a guitar for me? But I'll have to make him fall for me first. . . no I still love you more than my life. . . that is, but not more than jokbal. Sorry sweety. And, OH. MY. GOSH! Those guys are vegetarians, so NO JOKBAL! I. AM. GOING. TO. DIE!!!"

"Chill, my 'I-love-jokbal-more-than-my-own-boyfriend' queen," Hoseok sulked, removing his arms from Momo's shoulders and stuffing them in his pocket. "It's just an English Literature test, that's all. No need to freak out." He started walking at a faster pace, leaving her behind.

"Dude, I just presented you with a whole list of threats than can cause me to go extinct and you still say that?" Momo panted, running to catch up. Seriously, why does he has to have longer legs? She took his hands in hers and placed them on her shoulders again. They were providing her the warmth and comfort that prevented her from going complete bananas... no complete jokbals, until her boyfriend decided to get jealous of a dead pig's feet and sulk. She began shuddering for that deceased animal's sake! How could he?!

"Momoring, you're just over reacting. You'll be just fine." He tore his gaze away from her face and began observing the soccer team practicing at the field for their upcoming match, waving at one of his friends. Lee Hong-bin, Momo supposed, since he was his only sports-playing friend she personally knew, but she was too lazy to take her eyes off her handsome pissed off boyfriend to actually check.

"Let's see who over reacts they don't get to see the love of their life for ten fricking months!" she pouted.

"Uh, are you talking about me not being able to see you, or you not being able to eat jokbal?" Hoseok teased and pulled her closer to himself. She really was shuddering and he was pretty sure that it was due to the cold, not her over exaggerated possibilities of extinction. He took off his jacket and draped it over her shaking figure.

She smiled and shrugged it on herself tightly. "Thanks, but that's not the point! I-" She stopped talking and her eyes suddenly went wide. Wider than the disco ball at the club where their dance team performed last week. She quickly pushed him aside, almost making him lose his balance, and held her arms in front of her face, the sides joined.

Hoseok was about to ask what was wrong when a soccer ball slammed into her shield, knocking her to the ground. He caught her before she hit the hard concrete of the walkway and watched the the ball roll away on the grass. Hot tears made their way down her cheeks as she gritted her teeth, groaning through the searing pain in her lower arms. But she didn't cry out.

Hoseok rolled down the sleeves of her sweater, and felt his heart rage at the red splotches on her skin. "Who did that?!" he roared at the soccer players, eyeing them with fury burning in his eyes while his hands gently rubbed at her arms.

One of them stepped forward and raised his hand, looking down guiltily. "Sorry, bro, it was me!"

"Watch where you kick next time or it'd me kicking your ('a' word)!" He raised his fist as Momo covered his mouth because of his swearing and gave him a warning look through her blurry vision.

"Language, Jung Hoseok!" they heard the coach yell. A few team players snickered at the scene, but were shushed by the one who kicked the ball. Unfortunately for them, the coach had heard them. "You four! In the principal's office right now! You don't dare your team members to cause others harm! Something worse could've happened! This behavior is straight up unacceptable!"