Chapter 22: Elevator

"Because I like it."

Tzuyu couldn't believe her ears. She couldn't believe what she just heard. He likes it? He likes to kiss me?

She picked up a shoe from by the closet and hurled it at him. She again succeeded in hitting him straight in the face. God! She was getting better.

But now was not the time to celebrate. She had a lump of tears in her throat. He was not the one she loved, and yet he now kept giving her indirect kisses whenever he felt like it. She knew that she would never, never in a million years think about doing that when she was already dating someone else. Much less do that to someone her lover hated.

Jungkook, rubbing his nose, intently was looking at her, waiting for her to say something. But she didn't. All she could think about was his gross way of doing what he did. How could he?

Flinging another shoe at him - she didn't know whose it was - Tzuyu stormed out of the door. Jungkook walked up to the door and watched her waiting for the elevator after she pressed the button. He went after her, but she decided to take the stairs instead as soon as she saw him following her. He quickly grabbed her hand and dragged her into the elevator with him. She tried to escape before the door closed but he traped her body between his arms. It was helpless against his muscular one.

"Get out of my face, jerk!" She started karate-chopping him and he resisted, painfully. He tried not to cry out, or even laugh. She looked so cute. But when her strength overtook her cuteness, Jungkook had no choice but to pin her against the wall. It hurt so much. He was sure that he would have bruises later. And he was also pretty sure that they wouldn't go away anytime soon.

"No." But he let go as soon as the door shut.

"Jungkook, I'm getting sick of this," she said. "Look, we don't even like each other but why do you keep getting closer to me? I really, really don't like it."

"You soon will."

"If you're trying to play with my feelings, I'm sorry but you can't! I'm not a toy for a playboy like you!" She punched his arm. Ouch!

"Who said I'm a playboy? I've been with Lisa for a couple of years now," he laughed.

"Then go back to her! I don't want you." She was pretty sure that this was something he shouldn't be laughing about.

"I've been losing interest in her lately," he said as a matter of fact.

"Is that all we girls seem to guys like you? Interesting?" she asked. "You boys don't really care about our feelings, do you?"

"Did I say that?" Guys like me?

"Don't think I don't know you," she grumbled. "You were a playboy before you met her. And who knows, maybe you still are."

"And who exactly told you I was one?" He closed in on her and pulled her tiny waist towards his body. He wanted her to be close to him all the time now.

"I have my ways," she shortly replied. Yugyeom and Taehyung.

"Interesting. . ." Jungkook mumbled and stroked his chin.

"Really?" Tzuyu pushed back and leaned against the wall. They still were so close that one might think that they were about to kiss.

The elevator, which was still in one spot, suddenly lurched and moved down to the first floor. Tzuyu and Jungkook didn't notice since they were too busy glaring at each other. And too bad for them, the door opened to reveal . . .

Lisa! Of course.

Her eyes widened at the sight. Her mouth gaped at them. "You ('b' word)!" she shrieked. "What do you two think you're doing?!"