Chapter 13: The Visit

Tzuyu woke up but not in her bed. She was on the sofa in the living room, covered in a blanket that was not hers. She had no idea how she got there. All she remembered was crying to sleep on her bed, nothing else. Her head felt numb and her throat dry. Jungkook was not there. She folded the blanket neatly and put it on Jungkook's bed. This has to be his.

She looked around the room. Pictures of him and his hyungs, his parents and Yugyeom on the walls. He looked happy, a completly different person. Just looking at them made her mad, made her hate him more than ever. Then memories of last night came to her. Him sitting on the bed, his face red with lipstick marks. Lisa coming to her room, shouting and reminding her of her dead boyfriend. Her crying after Jungkook took her away. That's all she remembered.

It was 9:00 a.m. No point of going to school now. Might as well visit the graveyard. She went to the bathroom to wash up, but instead, stared at her reflection in the mirror: her eyes puffy and red from crying, her face streaked with dry tears. She quickly changed and left the building. She took a taxi to the graveyard where he was buried and her... parents, people she only knew for a short period of time. She wanted to talk to them, tell them that she needed them to be here with her.

     ____________________

Jungkook had left Tzuyu sleeping on the sofa. He wanted to take her to her room but carrying her felt like cheating on Lisa; last night didn't count. That was just his way of saying sorry for his girl. He had felt bad for Tzuyu, and was shocked at that part of her, the part that she kept hidden. He did not want to wake her up for school, she was not in the state.

After a quick breakfast in the cafeteria, he went around to look for Lisa. He found her at her locker, touching up her make up. When she saw him, she he gave him a look and walked away. He ran after her.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"Please don't ask. Just go away," she said, not looking at him and kept walking. He held her hand and walked with her.

"I know you are mad at me, and it's alright. I was standing up for another girl, but what you did you was not okay. She cried the whole night."

"Now you're caring for her," she said. Then her voice became shrill. "Oh Tzuyu, don't cry. It makes my heart break when I see you like this. Lisa's a bad person, a bad, bad person. I'm worried --"

"Lisa, it's not like that. Her crying bothered me, I couldn't sleep because of her."

"Made you sad, her crying?"

"No, it was annoying! She was so loud. She cries like a..."

"Witch?"

"Haha, yeah."

"That's more like it." She kissed him and went to her first class, and he went to his.

It was around second block when he saw her leave the dorm building from the window. He excused himself to go to the bathroom. He ran outside and called her name. She stopped but did not look back, then continued walking. He was going to go after her but a taxi arrived and she left. Her words came back to him, I hate you with all my life, Jeon Jungkook, and felt a stab in his heart but he ignored it. He didn't care about Tzuyu, he had Lisa.

He went back to his class. When it was lunchtime, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Yeri came up to him.

"Yah jerk, where's Tzuyu?" asked Dahyun.

"What did you do to her? She's not picking up her phone," asked Yeri.

"She's not? It's probably dead," said Jungkook.