Chapter 42: Game

Tzuyu had been presented with an award for her achievement and the shield now hung in their living room above their TV. Jungkook scowled in annoyance every time his eyes were unlucky enough to land on it.

Right now at the moment, his girlfriend was watching a romantic movie while he was stuck in the kitchen doing the dinner dishes for third time this week.

"Tzuyu-ah, you said you wouldn't watch that movie without me!" he complained.

Not turning around, she replied, "I see that you're busy doing some work so I thought you wouldn't wanna watch right now."

"And it's an eighteen plus! You're still seventeen! Kid."

"Almost eighteen," she reminded him. "And I've been watching rated-R movies since I was twelve, so shush!"

Woah, he said in his head and smiled as he put the glass on the counter. When you thought that you had an innocent girlfriend.

He didn't really care about the movie since he had already seen it before. But what he cared about was the she was watching that type of movie without him at her side. Why? He didn't know. All he wanted to do was cover her eyes every time the actors kissed or did something sextual and totally ignore the fact that she wasn't new to all this anymore.

Wait. Nevermind. Now he knew.

His goal was to keep her as innocent as he could and not let her become another Lisa who wanted him inside of her twenty-four seven.

As soon as he was done with his chores for the day, he jumped on the sofa and laid his head on Tzuyu's lap. She was only nearing the first twenty minutes of the movie, so that meant he hadn't missed any of those scenes. Plenty of time to take her mind off of that and do something else. He smirked.

No, you dirty minded readers, not round three.

They already did that a few days ago. What he wanted to do was to . . . ? Was to what?

To play a game? Hmm. That works.

So a game it was, but what game? Truth and dare? Nah. Too cliché in a love story, so not that.

Spin the bottle? Nope, she would smash it on his head before he even got the chance to spin it.

So what game should they play? Jungkook racked his brain for ideas that he wouldn't have to cross out. Maybe he could make up one or combine some.

Then the right game slammed into his mind.

They would do thumb wrestling, but with a twist to it. Each time one of them lost, he or she would have to tell the other something about themselves that they might not already know.

He presented the game to Tzuyu but she straight up refused before he was even done talking. So apparently, the movie was more important to her than her boyfriend.

That calls for a punishment. (Smirk, smirk.) But not right now. Maybe tonight.

Jungkook stubbornly tried again and she stubbornly said no again. After a few more tried of tickling and kissing her to block the screen from her view, she agreed, but not before adding another extra day to his chores. Jungkook protested but she was sitting on a deal.

He sighed and said yes. They settled in comfortable positions on the sofa and faced each other, him making kissy faces to annoy her about missing her movie. She frowned and hurled a cushion at him.

"But why thumb wrestling though?" Tzuyu asked, blocking his throw with her arms. "I'm bad at it!"

He threw back his head and laughed. "Finally something you're bad at, Tzu!"