Chapter 40: Destiny

"I'm worried about her."

"Worried about who, unnie?"

"Tzuyu."

Nayeon rubbed her forehead with the heel of her hand and heard a low sigh from the other end of the phone at Tzuyu's name.

It was 8 pm and she just had freshly came out of the shower. Washing up with warm water really did wonders after a tiresome day. It was like a hot bowl of soup on a cold snowy day.

"Yeah, unnie," came Chaeyoung's voice. "I'm not sure if she's made the right choice choosing Jungkook. I mean, of course, there has to be a reason that she did, but I can't imagine what'd he do to her if you look at how he was like before."

This time, it was Nayeon who sighed. Jungkook had been Lisa's boyfriend since middle school. Who knows what he might have up his sleeves for Tzuyu. Who knows what Lisa might do to get him back. And who knows who'd be the one to split open that weaker heart inside that hard shell of bravery.

Tzuyu has had enough tragedy in her life, and her friends couldn't bear to see her slowly fall apart again. They had noticed the positive change in her behavior ever since she had became Jungkook's girl. It was like a flower finally ready to bloom despite the sun's constant urging.

Nayeon had taken the responsibility as the oldest to take Mina and Tzuyu under her care and treat them like her younger sisters. She wanted her girls to be the family those two never had. And as far as she knew, she was succeeding. Her friends never hesitated to share out their problems or speak their minds to each other. Sana, the one with the mysterious past, had learned to open up even more, too. She had become so much more confident ever since that burden of her childhood had been lifted off from her shoulders.

Nayeon was happy how perfectly everything was going, how her friends found their true loves and how closer than ever they were now... until Jungkook entered the game.

He wasn't liked much by the girls because of how he treated their Tzuyu. How could anyone even have the nerves to do that when you have a whole lot of people telling you to quit it? People on whom your life has been depending on since like, forever.

But if it wasn't for Jungkook, the girls might've never even gotten close to the guys they now call their boyfriends. If Jungkook didn't bother Tzuyu, her unnies would've never had the courage to go up and talk to those hotties.

But Nayeon still remembered that night as clear as the night sky, when the girls were having sleepover at Tzuyu's and Mina's place. She remembered when a knock had interrupted their horror movie and scared the living daylights out if them. Jimin was out there with his friends, all in the car, about to go to the arcade. He had offered to take the girls with them if they wished to tag along.

Mina invited the guys inside while the girls got ready. That was really when their love chemistry had first begun. Loves at first sight for some, and "Was he looking this good the last time?" for others. Each of them had found the one they've been looking for that night.

Or maybe it wasn't Jimin or Mina's infant-relationship that started it, but Jeongyeon and Namjoon's constant quarreling over small things ever since that flying hedgehog topic was touched in their science class.

Or maybe it was Jihyo and Jin struggling in their history project, or Momo and Hoseok's rejection for the dance club last year.

Random moments had brought these people together despite their rare encounters and awkwardness. Nayeon smiled because she knew. She knew what it was.

It was destiny.

But then, there was the unpredictable case of Tzuyu and Jungkook in front of them. They really couldn't afford to see that gloomy, heartbroken girl again. That really was the worst possible thing there ever was for the unnies. Probably even worse then their own breakups.

Kissing her teeth, Nayeon just muttered, "I don't know, Chae. But I hope that she knows what she's doing."

🔼🔽🔼🔽🔼🔽🔼🔽🔼🔽🔼🔽🔼🔽

That does not look like a straight line, right?
Do hedgehogs actually fly?
And is it normal to dream about them chasing you?