Chapter 54: Unwanted Guest

"Happy Birthday, Minari!" everyone yelled, startling Mina. She screamed and threw her hands around Jimin, smacking her head hard on his chest. He began hooting with laughter, amused that she never figured out about them planning a birthday party for her. I thought you were smart, Minari.

The couple had just returned from grocery shopping from the late night market, which was just their way of distracting Mina from the huge group huddled together in her dorm, and it was also an excuse for Jihyo to get the groceries done. Two kills in one shot, she said.

Jimin peeled Mina off of him and turned her around to face the room. She stared at the room without acknowledging that the others were there too. She just look past them at the decorations and the big pile of presents on the table in the corner, throwing a smile in every direction. The walls had disappeared behind the purple and white balloons taped to every corner of the room, with mint green ribbons dangling beneath them. Ruling in the center of the table was big box, adorned with golden patterns, which Mina was sure was her cake.

"But I thought my birthday was tomorrow," she said, giving everyone a hug.

"Penguin," said Jin. "I don't know how dumb can you be but I hope that you're aware of the watch on your wrist. It's twelve fifteen. Happy birthday."

"Thanks, Jinnie," Mina laughed, hugging him. Jimin cleared his throat from beside her and pulled her behind him.

"No more hugs," he warned. "Hyung, you stay back," he said to Yoongi. Yoongi held up his hands in surrender and smiled, showing his gums. Mina giggled and waved at him.

Nayeon appeared from behind her boyfriend and pushed him aside. "Yo, jerk!" she snapped at Jimin. "At least let me hug her!"

"What? No!" Jimin said. "You guys are gonna suffocate her on her birthday!" He raised his fists as if he were boxing. "Fight me."

"Game on, jerk." Nayeon smirked and bent down, confusing him. But soon he backed up when she came back up with her heel clutched in her fingers. "Come on. You might my friend's boyfriend, but wouldn't I hesitate to deform your supposedly handsome face."

"Hey! No fair!" Jimin pouted, not sure whether to be mad about the heel or rage over the 'supposedly' part. "Actually you know what? I'll hug her for all of you. At least she gonna live long enough to blow her candles and make her wish to marry me." He spun around, arms held wide, but stopped when he saw Tzuyu and Joy stealing a hug. They grinned and pulled Mina away from him before he could do anything to stop them.

He yelled in protest, but instead of going after them, he sat down, glaring at everyone gawfawing at the unexpected comedy show presented before them. A few jokingly patted his head while the others finally got in line for their own hugs.

Around an hour into the gathering, Jin took a stand in the front of the room and clapped his hands for attention. The room quieted down and turned forward, though, still not abandoning their sodas and snacks. After making sure he had everyone's eyes on his out-of-this-world handsome face, he clapped again. "So I just wanna say that it's time that we leave. It's getting late. So-- yes Mina?"

Mina, who had her hand raised as if she was in a class, frowned. "But I just got here. You're ending my party this quick?" she asked, hunching her shoulders.

"Uh, no," he said. "I just wanna say that it's time we leave for the thing." Others, who had also been confused at first, nodded their heads in realization. "So! Into your cars, kids. Take a ride from someone else 'cuz we don't want to run out of parking spots."

"But where are we going, though? Don't we have classes in the morning?"

"Jimin, did she hit her head on the way?" Hoseok chortled. "It's Sunday, Penguin."