Chapter 62: Another Loss

The time arrived when the fourth and the last term of the year began, and things between Tzuyu and Jungkook got even more awkward than they ever were. One look at them and no one might've ever guessed that they were once a couple, a normal couple who did everything that normal couples did these days. The huge gap of uneasiness was far too big for anyone to be able to look past, or over.

The news of the fourth term hit Tzuyu hard. She had been able to participate well in studies even when she was going through the worst time period of her life. But many times, her attention was lost to her thoughts. Time had went by this fast and she never took notice of it. She was eighteen now and they were going to be college students by the end of this year and she knew she was going to have to work harder than ever for a better future. Highschool had been hard but colleges weren't going to be as easy. They weren't going to lay you off every time.

Numerous times she's found herself getting worked up about everything. She went off at Jungkook if he didn't clean up properly after him. She exploded at her friends if they asked for help with school work. She began losing her patience with customers at the bakery at the smallest things.

But it was becoming the new normal for everyone. These changes were usual when Tzuyu got upset.

But this time, her anger issues had no cure.

Everyone was trying their best to get used to it knowing how hard it was for her, especially when another row of exams was looming over their heads. The final exams and it was either a pass or fail. The whole course they've learned so far into the year was going to be in the question papers. And even a mistake of one little witty question could potentially destroy their whole lives and careers.

But did she really have to worry about it though? Hadn't she already been through enough to be able to get through the struggles of future too? Hadn't she?

After receiving worried complains from several customers, the bakery manager had decided to give her a break, knowing that she was going through stuff. Too much inquiry would lead to just another fit of explosions, even though he didn't know that he wasn't really doing her a favor. Like the week-long vacation before, this also meant having to see Jungkook more often.

That guy! That guy really didn't give even a bit of crap to her privacy anymore. Every encounter was an attempt for a short talk for him, trying to clear himself off. The others had completely stopped to prevent him from coming anywhere near her, and some had even began to side with him, talking her into giving him a chance since she wasn't the only one having it hard. He had a mother to worry about and a dangerous father, while she had people to look after her.

It made sense.

But to them only.

It enraged Tzuyu, however, as to how everyone had ceased to take her feelings and past life into consideration anymore.

Her parents were taken away from her at the age of one, one! by some money dealers who still might be roaming around free, in search to come after her life next. Now how was she expected to live a tense-free life when her whole existence was at stake? And for the record, they might stalking her right at this moment, already having found her location some time ago, and now were waiting for the best possible moment to attack.

She had lost a sisterly friend at a young age. How much impact would've that had on her young mind and fragile heart? Had no one realized that this was shaping her into a tougher young woman who knew how to watch her back and her heart. And if they did, then they should not be having any problems with her.

Her first love had been taken away from her and he had met his demise in the most brutal way. And she had to bear the sight of his messed up dead body. How much would've that loss affect the rest of her love life and her love choices? Of course, she'd be careful! She would having to protect herself with extra care unlike others, and she would have to appear strong and sturdy heart wise in order to do it.