Chapter 12: Another Side

Tzuyu came storming back in her room, half embarrassed on seeing him shirtless while he was in the middle of something and thinking he looked hot. And half fuming because.... why the heck did she say thank you to him. He didn't even show signs of saying you're welcome. She could've just shoved the bag in his face. That's exactly what he would've done.

Putting all things aside, she took her delayed shower. But all she could think about was him. Despite being a complete jerk and idiot, he was her type: a bad boy, good sportsman, a straight A achiever, and he had a good sense of humor. He was someone who threw caution to the wind. He was perfect for her. But never in a million years, she would date him. And he also had a girlfriend, Lisa. Lisa...

Tzuyu's heart hurt when Lisa's like that to her. A bully, a criticizer, a mocker. They used to be really good friends. She used to hang out with Tzuyu and her friends all the time. Then she met Jennie and Rosé in seventh grade. They were never nice to her, and she didn't notice. All she cared about was being popular. And all they cared about was being friends with someone who was rich. Tzuyu had stood up to Jennie and Rosé when they made fun of Lisa's prom dress. But it was Lisa who told her to get lost, to mind her own business. Tzuyu did not regret her actions; she was proving herself to be a loyal friend.

Then came along Jisoo, in Highschool. She became really close with Nayeon and the rest of the girls did not mind that. But the three popular ones did. Someone as wealthy as Jisoo should not hang out with orphans and nerds. Though Jisoo continued being friends with them, she also to started hanging out with Lisa, Jennie, and Rosé a lot because their parents were friends. Parties, family trips, sleepovers, they were always seen together. But Jisoo never transformed into what Lisa had.

Because of what she had become, Lisa did want to hang out with her old friends, not because she missed them, but because they were pretty, extremely pretty, and smart. They would be right at hand during tests and finals. And she could use their looks to get boys. But the nine girls straight up refused and Lisa became even more meaner after that. She started making big fusses about everything. Like this one time when Jennie and Rosé had pushed Tzuyu so she would spill her drink on Lisa's new outfit. Tzuyu knew that they did this to punish Lisa, not her because they did not approve of that dress; it did not match their preferences at all. All that shouting had landed Tzuyu in her first ever detention. That's where she had first met Jungkook.

She began liking him, liking him a lot. He was perfect, just like... just like her first crush. What she did not know that he and Lisa would become a thing soon. And that he'd start acting on her orders. Tzuyu did not care about that until it got worse. She did not know who she hated the most, him or her. Even when Lisa was not there, he had found pleasure in teasing her, annoying her, getting her in trouble. He never hurt her feelings because her unnies were always there for her. They would protect her from him. They'd tried their best to not let him get to her. They knew about her short-time crush on him and did not want her heartbreak to get worse. They'd talk to his hyungs. Despite worrying about her and loving Tzuyu like their younger sister, the boys couldn't discipline their younger one. He continued to act on Lisa's command until he didn't need her to tell him what to do.

Tzuyu was lost in the train of the past when she realized that it was almost nine. She got out of the shower and dried herself. Dressed for the night, she walked out of the bathroom and saw Lisa standing by the door. And she wasn't looking very happy.

"Hey, Lisa." Tzuyu plopped down on her bed and looked at her. Jungkook was behind her, leaning on the wall with his legs and arms crossed. Hot. "Who gave you two permission to come in my room?"

"Don't hey me. And who gave you permission to enter Jungkook's room?" Lisa snapped.

"Just in case you're forgetting, I'm his roommate. I can go where ever I want in this dorm." Even though he doesn't want me to.