Chapter 66: All This For An Invitation?

Knock knock.

"Tzu?" Jungkook called, pressing his face against the cool wood of her bedroom door. "Come on. Just one bite?"

"No, Kooks!" he heard her say, her voice muffled. "Just one more hour. I'll be out soon. Promise."

He frowned. "No, I'm not accepting that excuse anymore. You said the same thing two hours ago."

"Please, Kook? My sweet, soft, squishy, marshmallowy, bunny boy?" she cooed, sending unseen air kisses to him as if they would land on his lips right through the door.

Wish that would happen.

Still though, he melted right at the spot, like a sweet, soft, squishy marshmallow.

But he was used to her tactics now, and all that goo soon hardened up.

"No. Come out. Right. Now!" he ordered in his most stern voice, though he knew the avail was none. His own tactics never really came to any use at times like these. And he wouldn't say if that wasn't the truth.

He had tried.

In the past.

Useless attempts.

And bittersweet fruits.

The downhill of his life.

"Please, bunny boy!" Tzuyu said again. "I'll let you kiss me twice when I come out." Her voice (he growled) . . . was all sugary and heavenly sweet, coated with a jug of honey and a bottle full of syrup. She had, once again, began to work her magic on him. And this time, definitely not unintentionally. He heard her snicker as he smacked his forehead against the door.

Oh, Come on! he internally yelled. Not again!

That was the uphill of her life. Or one of them anyway. It was a written law for the odds to back her up.

Meanwhile, most chose to keep their distance from him. It was pretty unfair, in his opinionated verdict. Even at times where he did get lucky, he was sure of it that it was sheer, dumb luck. Not everything always went exactly according to plan for him. Like now. He was losing a battle of words, though his victory benefited her.

He cracked his knuckles, somehow wanting that tough move to stiffen him up. But that only increased his longing. Nothing was strong enough to make a man out of him when it came to her kisses.

Though for the limitations . . . he knew he was at fault.

He became so obsessed with sucking on her pretty, plump, pink lips that she was forced to limit the amount of kissing to only two kisses every day. One kiss was down already: his daily morning kiss. And, it was super long today, and not to mention, French . . .

One more to go . . .

It felt like living without oxygen.

On the contrary, maybe even oxygen wasn't that important to his "life is only Tzuyu" existence. And he was making it pretty obvious to not only himself but to everyone around him.

Fingers crossed that he got it soon. He was running out of air to breathe.

"Fine!" he said, fuming. Just for once, and if for once only, he wanted to win her down.

But he never could.

He always gave in on her pleads and demands, too weak to say no to her whimsical face, and music-like, liquidy voice. Like always, his heart always had its say when it came to her, not his mind. And she took the victory home again.