Chapter 61: Jealousy

The nurse's office was shrouded in an unsettling quietness. The usual admission of scraped knees and sprained ankles belonging to idiots who had nothing better to do in their free times, had stopped as soon as a certain person was added to the white-sheeted beds. It's not like she wished to be there (and Jungkook hadn't even bothered to come along), but the few students who'd come to get their minor injuries treated fled as soon as Bam Bam and Yugyeom entered the place with Lisa supported in their arms. They were willing to drop her on the floor right there but the nurse lady made them carry her over to the beds. The boys strode away fast after practically throwing her head first on the hard mattress, eagerly planning on telling the others how the woman had groaned upon seeing Lisa in the room.

Well, the saying was an important consideration: Treat others how you want to be treated. But it was pretty obvious that almost everybody had enough self respect to not return the karma to her.

Now Lisa laid with her back resting on the uncomfortable headboard of the bed, spacing out while starring at her bandaged foot. Her parents had been informed about the incident. But she had known they'd refuse to fetch her from school. After all, no matter how much of her spoiled act was their fault, her nasty behavior couldn't be always left in the shadows of their ignorance. Unfamiliar with being a responsible parent, their first move towards being strict was to force her into a job. But also taking their reputation and status into consideration, Lisa was hired as an assistant dance instructor. And since it was still a punishment, they made sure that she was paired with the strictest one in the staff. And dang! There ain't any messing with that woman. One wrong step, you were to stay back an extra hour after class ended and tidy up the room, the smell of musty sweat always hanging there, before leaving.

But that wasn't helpful at all for bringing change into Lisa. She had an image to maintain after all. What would her friends think of her? That she was defeated into a miss goody-two-shoes by a woman double her age who could barely see without her thick specs? But man, that woman was one hell of a nightmare. The way her bossom jiggled up and down when she danced was a revolting sight and the way her huge, black mole stared back at you was terrifying, the two strands of hair poking out making sure to pop into your mind while you're eating. And don't even ask how nauseating she smelled after sessions!

But Lisa being Lisa, always managed to get out of the three hour torture, without even getting in trouble. Sensible excuses were one of the abilities she weilded like a weapon. And being smart in occasions like these was a skill that came fairly easy to her. She had everyone fooled like it was no big deal.

Ignoring her current situation, Lisa killed time by consuming the savory memory of Tzuyu's horrorstruck face. She had just been playing around, blaming the girl for something she hadn't done. Lisa knew that it was her own fault all the way, but it was fun messing up with Tzuyu when everyone was familiar with the vulnerability of her heart at the topic of love. What had happened to her during her childhood was demoralizing and wickedly wrong for a girl like her, but Lisa had lost all that sympathy long ago.

All she felt now was the starvation for revenge. Oh how jealous she used to be of Tzuyu when they became friends! She had everything, everything! that a girl would wish for in her life. She had looks that Lisa couldn't match no matter how expensive the make up she wore was. Tzuyu had the brain that Lisa couldn't find anywhere in her head that she could put to use for the life of her. She had the ability of being good at everything! Sports, dancing, singing, cooking, studying, humor and body wise, too.

She had friends who were there for her at all times and always had her back no matter what the situation was. They were so supporting and loving and caring and funny and every bit as perfect as a perfect could be, while Lisa was here stuck with a bully like Jennie and two boring souls like Jisoo and Rosé who were always in the way of the tremendous fun she'd be planning, telling her to quit with what she were doing.