Chapter 59: Coffee

An entire week had passed since Tzuyu had decided to take a "break" from their relationship. Seven days, but it felt just like yesterday to her. Presumably in light of the fact that the scene continued unfurling in her mind again and again, like an endless film. Consistently. Over and over again. Each hour of the day was devoured by the gritting recollections that were becoming dull around the edges, yet at the same time, irritating as ever.

Each night, the sound of crying traveled from her room to Jungkook's ears, but he couldn't do anything about it. The sound of her sobs was a form of punishment to him and he willingly accepted it without any protest. He was forbidden to go anywhere near her and her friends made sure of that.

Even Taehyung had turned his back on him.

Jimin . . . He declined to even talk to him.

His other hyungs did nothing but throw disappointed looks at his direction every chance they got, making him feel like a superfluous black splotch in the existence of the world.

Tzuyu had said nothing about him, sparing his ('a' word) even after what he'd done. But everyone eventually found out. She never showed that anything had happened between them but it wasn't hard for anyone to figure out that something had happened. After all, the daily dose of roasting on the group chat directed towards everyone had been swapped for weird but meaningful quotes. Just the first one by Tzuyu was enough for them to know that something was up.

Their usual lovey-dovey teasing for each other had come to a complete stop too. For these few days, everyone woke to their inbox being empty of the maknaes' annoying morning texts.

But no one bothered to ask. All they did was to gather around Tzuyu on the first day and leave Jungkook to stare at them from behind. Even Taehyung, who had been reluctant at first, put his arm around her and led her away from Jungkook.

He was living an awakened nightmare.

He didn't know which was worse, Tzuyu protecting him from the embarrassment and the others, or Tzuyu still protecting him.

The love for him was still lingering behind everyone's eyes, but the immense disappointment overshadowed it.

But in comparison to theirs, his mother's quickly rose to the top spot. She would not even pick up his calls or open the door when he came over. The thing was, she wasn't as mad at him for lying as he had originally thought she'd be, but what upset her the most was that he lied to Tzuyu as well.

Having no one else to go to, he felt disowned.

He hated it.

He really was living a real-life nightmare.

<×>×<×>×<×>×<×>×<×>

She had finally divorced him.

Two weeks had gone by and Tzuyu had gotten a call at exactly three in the afternoon. She was lounging on her bed, cherishing having the whole dorm to herself. The warm sun of late-April shone through her still-a-temporary window, illuminating her small but cozy room with its soft golden glow. Outside in the courtyard, she could hear the chaos of an off-school day, everyone enjoying the nice weather that they finally got to have after the cold, whipping winds, and freezing snow.

Her body was fully relaxed to the calming tone of music draining into her ears. Tzuyu laid with her eyes closed, enjoying her day off from work. The third term had finally come to an end but it brought some hard as heck exam papers along with it. Being the hard worker that she was, Tzuyu had put her broken heart aside and had studied for the exams with her mind fully set on achieving the top scores again. And, of course, those sleepless nights, including a free package of stinging eyes and throbbing headaches, had paid off. Her scores had been even better than the last time, and this time, Jungkook had followed up by a much bigger gap. It was shocking to all.