Chapter 51: An Unexpected Friend

That little piece of . . . ! How could he do this to me? I was just trying the get the misunderstanding out of the way as a grown up would! How dare he shout at me like that? I hate you Park Jimin.

Mina ran at full speed. Tears flowed down her cheeks like rapid rivers, soaking her face along with the rain that was coming hard now. Her wet scarf clung to her neck like a barnacle. Hesitant at first, she loosened it and let it fall behind her. Let this be a reminder for the jerk that I'm not his anymore.

She could hear his shouts from behind her. He was following her, calling after her. Oh, how much she wanted to go back to him, but she was too heartbroken to even face him again. She kept running until she could no more. The wet grass was making it hard for her to go any faster. Limbs aching, she took refuge under the shelter of the dense trees, hoping that Jimin would miss her in the dark and would run past her. Unfortunately for her, though, her mint green cardigan was practically glowing in the dim glow of the street lights and was standing out among the darkness of the park. The spot she had chosen wasn't well hidden either but was the dryest she could find. 

Shivering, she huddled on the bench and waited for a moment when she was sure that Jimin might've given up searching for her and left. Her eyes wouldn't stop producing the waterfall of those tears and wiping them with her sleeves just made it worse. 

Some fifteen minutes might've passed when she felt a hand on her shoulder. Not even looking at the person, she let another cold shiver run down her body. The hand wasn't warm, so it couldn't be Jimin's, not that his touch would feel all cozy now; it filled her with a feeling of dread. Something told her that it wasn't a man. From the corner of her eye, she could see how fragile and smooth it was. Pretty nails, long fingers, jeweled rings, definitely a girl. Mina slowly turned to look at the person and her mouth dropped. 

Smiling down at her from under a huge umbrella was someone she hadn't expected to encounter in this kind of situation. And what was she doing here and how had she found Mina? "R-Rosé?" Mina managed to sputter through her cold lips.

"Um, hey Mina," Rosé said. "What are you doing out here in this cold? It's raining for goodness sake, girl!" She sat down next to her and shared her umbrella, earning a shaky smile.

"How did you find me?" That was the first thing that came to Mina's mind. Was Rosé stalking her? Had she heard her fighting with Jimin? If she did, that was bad. 

"Uh, I was just out buying ramen for Lisa. The light rain seemed like a nice break from being stuck in the dorm all the time, so I just wanted to go for a stroll. I, uh, heard you arguing with someone and then saw you running. It's Jimin, isn't it?"

Mina nodded. "Yeah, we just had a small fight, that's all." She hoped that Rosé hadn't heard about them breaking up. She knew that she was after Jimin; Jisoo had told her. She had told her to stay away from the girl despite her being one of her three best friends. But it's been long since Mina had seen Rosé linger anywhere near Jimin. Hopefully, she had given up-- wait, no! She didn't give a damn about that jerk now! She shouldn't, she couldn't and she wouldn't.

"It's fine, Mina. You wanna talk about it?" Rosé whispered, holding her hand. "I know you guys broke up."

Mina had gone rigid at the skin contact and responded Rosé in silence.

"It's okay. You can talk to me," she reassured. "I don't like him now. He seems much happier now. With you, Mina. I . . . I heard it all. Please give him a chance."

At those unexpected words, Mina couldn't help but put her other hand on top of Rosé's. "Why are you doing this, Rosé?"

"I-- Mina, I just want to see him happy. Some feelings just take time to fade and vanish forever, but trust me, they are going away. I just knew that he's never gonna like me. I'm not the girl for him, you are. He looks at you with so much love. So much love that every girl would die for it. You shouldn't let him go. He loves you a lot."