Chapter 45: Playgirl

Tzuyu sighed as she began typing another set of numbers in the cash register. Plastering a smile on her tired face, she told the customer to wait till she calls them when their order's up. It'd been a long hectic day for her. The manager had phoned her up right after school ended to stop by the bakery a little earlier and set up a few deliveries along with Yugyeom, but by the time they were done putting away the last few boxes of powdered batter, it was already her turn for the evening shift.

She let out an almost silent groan as the doorbell chimed for the millionth time that day followed by a chorus of chatter; more customers! Yay. It was a whole group of friends. Great. Tzuyu gave her temples a light rub and looked up, her fingers positioned on the buttons. Before she could even greet them, she was stopped cold in her tracks.

Standing among the bunch of teenagers, was the last person she wanted to see. Lalisa Monoban. She felt herself tremble in nervousness.

But luckily, Lisa hadn't spotted her yet. She was too busy texting someone on her phone. Her fingers flew across the screen and she smiled. Tzuyu wondered who she was chatting with because she kinda recognized that smile, but didn't give a second thought to it, though she still failed to notice a hand on her shoulder.

It was only until she was given a slight shake when she turned and saw Yugyeom standing behind her. He looked over at Lisa and motioned Tzuyu to go in the kitchen while he took care of this group. She smiled, thanking him with all her heart and left as quickly as possible before they approached the counter.

In the kitchen, she couldn't help but feel her heart race. In a bad way. It always happened when Lisa was around, didn't matter if she was even paying any attention to Tzuyu, or not. Something bad might happen, Tzu, her heart told her. Something really bad. Maybe not now, but later.

Tzuyu then realized that she didn't know any of those people, not even a single one. She hadn't seen them anywhere near Lisa or even around the school before. Maybe they weren't from the town. Maybe they were from her hometown, where her house- *ahem, ahem* sorry, mansion was. They were all rich-looking.

She then also noticed that Jennie and Rosé weren't there either. But since she didn't get to have a good look at them before she was rushed back here, she wasn't sure if she had missed those two or not. Deciding to take a peek at them, she creaked open the door, making sure that no one was looking at her. There, her eyes widened.

While their friends were placing the order, Lisa was snogging one of the guys in the back of the bakery, and he wasn't the one Tzuyu had seen her with yesterday or last month. Digging around her pocket for her phone, she snapped a picture of them before they pulled apart. It wasn't from a very good angle, but it'll do. Not sure what she would do with it, she smirked and stuffed her phone in her backpack.

Jennie and Rosé weren't there.

Since she had nothing to do for now because her lifesaver hadn't returned from the counter yet, she took out her homework and began working on that at the table in the back. But for some reason, she couldn't focus. I mean, she thought, who can focus on thirty multi-step Math equations while you have your biggest enemy and rival standing right outside the door kissing a dude that's not even her boyfriend? And then you have mad people banging pots and pans around you making such a racket that could wake up the dead. Can somebody do something about those freshly baked chocolate chip fudge cupcakes, please? The smell is getting into my mind! Wait. . . what's two times three?

When she was about done with the homework, Yugyeom walked through the kitchen doors and flashed a smile at her. "Those were some rude people," he sighed and took her notebook from under her hands. He took out his own from his backpack and began copying her answers, and she let him. It was her way of paying back for what he did.