Chapter 43: Always Here

The silence during breakfast was unbearable, and it was slowly killing Jungkook. It was is fault, he knew it was his fault. He shouldn't have played that game with Tzuyu. She had been quiet the whole night after hearing about his family and didn't say much while cooking breakfast either. He suddenly found himself missing her usual laughter and their usual bickering. It's only been a few hours since that game was played but he was so used to that morning hustle that it all felt out of place.

He knew that she was not comfortable with talking about all that she's lost and definitely not okay with sharing happy memories with all those departed ones included. He admitted that he felt a pang of jealousy and anger when she mentioned her late boyfriend, but what could he do? She was his love after all and who would stand it if their girlfriends remembered their first loves in front of them?

"Tzu . . ." Jungkook reached across the table and wrapped his hand around hers. She didn't pull back like she had before earlier this morning, but instead, she held it tighter, tighter than ever. He was glad that she wasn't mad at him for keeping his personal life a secret from others, even his own hyungs. All that those guys knew was that Jungkook just had a problematic father who could lose his temper at times, but what they did not know was that he had beaten him up at several occasions. They did not know that this brave son of his mother took all the beatings just to protect her from her husband and his cronies. 

"Jungkook," Tzuyu said, her voice demanding that he should listen to her without any argument from his side.

"Hmm?"

"Promise me," she breathed. "Promise me that you wouldn't go there without me. I don't want you to get hurt." Her head hung low as she spoke, like she knew what she just said wasn't right. Her voice was regretting.

Jungkook gave her an eyeful, full of disbelief and resentment. This was a big decision that she had taken. How could he not go there and visit his mother in his own house? And he was definitely not taking Tzuyu with him. Not when he was pretty sure that his father was going to be there, presumably making "love" again with his mother for the hundredth time that day.

It was all too embarrassing and he didn't want Tzuyu getting even more worried than she already was. She had already asked him a thousand times why hadn't the police been informed but Jungkook kept ignoring that question repeatedly. How could he tell her what dangers those guys were posing to his family if the word was out? She wouldn't understand, would she? She was too innocent for all this.

No, he told himself. She's smart and understanding. She would know how to handle the matter and she would help him sort it all out. They would do this together. For his mother.

But not now. All in time's being, but not now. She was too young. She wasn't even an adult yet for God's sake! And neither was he. Who knew if the authorities would take two teenagers seriously? Two naive kids who didn't know how it all worked. Sending a father to jail along with his friends? Bringing a mother justice even though she states that she's fine and nothing's wrong?

Tzuyu and Jungkook would be laughed at. Messing with the authorities and spreading false information: this plainly called for some serious trouble. He felt like he was stuck on an island, water surrounding him on all four sides, left with tools for building a boat for escaping, but with no manual or instructions.

"What are you talking about, Tzu?" he blurted, arguing with her nonetheless. "I can't do that, she's my mother! What if you're not available when I need to go? What if something happens and you're away?"

Her reply melted his heart. "I'll always be there for you, Jungkook." She stood up and pulled him out of his chair, the gap between their lips barely an inch wide. "You're more important to me than anyone else and I'll always have time for you. I'll be there when you'd need me. Keep that in mind."

Refraining himself from tearing up at her words, he closed his eyes and sealed the gap with his lips. Responding instinctively, Tzuyu kissed back, her lips moving across his sincerely.

This time, tasting her felt different, more overriding, more full of love and passion. He began realizing how important she was to him, how much he needed her. This moment felt like the one he'd been waiting for his whole life.

He glued her body to his and kissed her deeper than ever. She arched her back as he leaned over, deepening it even more. Unintentionally, he let out moan. She giggled and moved her arms from his chest down to his arms, softly rubbing them in comfort. Their heads moved in sync, their tongues intertwining expertedly.

But soon, Tzuyu pulled away, giving one last peck on his cheek then, his lips again. "Make-out session later, bunny boy," she declared. "Time for school."