Chapter 21: Breakfast

Tzuyu groaned as she got out of her bed. She was already dreading restarting her job. Though she loved going there, smelling the waft of fresh chocolate and tasting the goodies, she just wasn't ready to go back yet.

It was eleven in the morning and she had about six hours before she had to leave for work. She reluctantly got up from her bed and took a shower. Her limbs still hurt from all that dancing last night but the warm water soothed the pain.

After she was done drying her hair, she made breakfast. Today, she was gonna have waffles with tea. It was a pain in the butt making sure she wasn't taking Jungkook's food. She knew if he somehow finds out, he'll make her pay. Then she remembered Taehyung telling her about Jennie's dad's business party yesterday. That means Jungkook was going with Lisa! She was pretty sure that they'll come home late. Yay! That lightened up her mood her a bit. She had been dreading to binge watch K-dramas alone. The whole week had been so busy that she either didn't have time or was too tired to. Or had to deal with stuff . . .

________________

Lisa had told him last night that Mr. Kim had rescheduled his business party to Saturday. He had to go to a meeting on Sunday with his wife. Jungkook had no intentions of going, but he couldn't bear the thought of Lisa hanging out with other boys. Who knows what she might do, especially when she's accompanied by Jennie and Rosé. 

He had the whole day before they had to leave. Jungkook decided to visit Taehyung and Sehun's dorm after breakfast for the time being. He could again smell Tzuyu cooking from the kitchen and heard his stomach grumble. Which was a surprise. After all, he ate a lot last night.

He quickly changed and then peeked through his door. She was still standing by the stove, her back facing him. It seemed like she was listening to music because she was dancing along. He watched her for some time. Though she was not doing the whole choreography properly, her moves were slick. There was something satisfying about just watching her.

He had been staring at her for so long that he didn't realize that Tzuyu was done cooking and was now glaring at him. Her face was red with embarrassment. 

"Jeon Jungkook, can you stop looking at me?" she demanded, her hand on her hips. "And you can come out of your room now."

"Huh?" he said, as he came back to reality. "Oh, I wasn't looking at you."

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes.

"Nice dance."

"I thought you weren't looking," she glanced at him. "Hurry, now. I've made breakfast." She placed another plate on the dining table across from hers.

"What?!" He hurried up to her and placed his palm on her forehead. "Are you sick?"

"Um . . . no?" She removed his hand and pushed him away from her. 

"So did you hit your head on something last night?"

"No, I didn't!" She slammed her fists on the surface of the table.

"Hey, no need to yell."

"If you're asking about the breakfast, I had accidentally made too much and didn't want to waste it. Or else I would rather eat rotten fish than give my food to you."

That made Jungkook laugh. "Rotten fish?"

"Are you eating or should I just give it to the janitor?" 

"Fine, I am." He took a seat at the head of the table and stared at her scrolling down her phone. He was pretty sure he heard her mutter, "Shouldn't have been listening to music. So much for being distracted."

"Are you sure you didn't add poison in my tea?"

"Really, you don't have to eat it. I can take it back." She took a sip of her tea and looked at him over the rim of the cup. He quickly forked a huge bite of his waffle in his mouth and almost choked. Tzuyu just gave him really? look.

"It's so go-" he stopped before he could compliment her.

"I know," she smirked. 

They ate in silence for a while, Tzuyu not looking up from the screen and Jungkook still staring at her. He was remembering the time when Lisa had made an attempt to bake him a cake for his birthday but ended up burning it. She covered it in a really thick layer of chocolate icing and had actually succeeded in making him think that there was nothing wrong with it. That resulted in a week-long upset stomach for him. He threw up like every ten minutes and had been occupying the bathroom all the time. He vowed to himself that he'll never, ever again eat Lisa's cooking. But shortly after that, she made him - he wasn't even sure what - and forced him to eat it. There was too much salt, in fact, there was a clump right in the middle in one of the ball-like things. He was pretty sure that his taste buds were damaged.

Tzuyu got up from the table and did her dishes. She was well aware of him staring at her but didn't say anything. He wasn't exactly doing that; he seemed lost in his own world. The faraway look in his eyes made her smile. She tried to hide it just in case he sees it. 

He was downing his tea when she came out of her room with her phone. His plate was wiped clean, and he grinned at her. 

"You have crumbs all over your lips," she told him.

"Why don't you wipe them off for me?" He got up from his chair and came closer to her.

"Heck no!"

"Why not?"

"Because..."

He grabbed her hand and swiped her thumb over his lips. Then... HE FRICKING LICKED IT!!!! And then he placed it on her lips and slowly rubbed it across them. When she realized what he was doing, she pushed him so hard that he landed on the sofa.

"What the fricking hell, Jeon Jungkook?!" She hastily scrubbed her lips with a tissue.

"What?" he smirked. "You're yelling again."

"You did that before! This is so wrong!"

"What is?"

"Stop with the indirect kisses!"

"Why, though?" He licked his lips.

"I hate it." She couldn't believe that he would do that again.

"Do you really?"

"What do you mean?! You have a girlfriend!"

"We know that-"

"Please!"

That please made him stop. She sounded desperate, close to tears. She didn't like it. "Huh?"

"We don't even like each other! So why do you keep doing that?!" Tzuyu cried. "This feels so wrong!"

"Like I was saying before, both of us know that we both like it."

"Well I'm sorry, I don't!" She seemed extremely mad and her face was so red that Jungkook wasn't even sure if it was from embarrassment or anger. "Why are you doing this, Jungkook?"

"Because I like it."